360 Spider Wind Deflectors | FerrariChat

360 Spider Wind Deflectors

Discussion in '360/430' started by ShadowLAP, Jul 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I wanted to check to see if any members have done business with Cabrio Supply who are located in the Netherlands. I am going to attempt to repair my 2003 Spider Wind Deflector gaskets but if not successful, Cabrio has replacements available. Wondering how easy it is to obtain parts from Europe. Any previous experience would be welcomed.

2. AD170

AD170 Karting

Jul 18, 2014
    Fit and Finish are excellent and the price of 300 for all three Wind Deflectors delivered to the US, compared to other alternatives, was great value for the money. Used their form of "Paypal" and had no security issues. Delivered to my doorstep within a few days. Would buy from them again.

ShadowLAP likes this.
  3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    jtc360spider, EZORED and ShadowLAP like this.
  4. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    This looks like a great deal. Could you post close up photos of the actual items ? How close to stock are they??? The original rubber gaskets tend to disintegrate and are pretty much unobtainium!

5. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Like most 360 owners the rubber gaskets on my 2000 360 wind blockers have began to disintegrate. I searched the web may times but found no original replacements at any price. I did find one thread here. that gave me a lead on a similar rubber gasket. I order them and after some modification I was able to "repair/replace" the old gaskets. FYI it is a Pia to remove the wind blockers. The profile on the new rubber gaskets was rounded instead of flat, and if you are a OEM guy it was just ok, and most people probably would never know the difference. I used a product called SUGRU to fill the joint at the bottom right,

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I did have some issues with the gasket releasing and the mesh would come loose and look sloppy.

After reading this thread, I ordered the Cabrio Supply 360 wind blockers after phoning them. The indicated they were as OEM and it was $280 shipped. I received them today, I will say that they are not constructed like OEM, but look to be very high quality. Instead of rubber gaskets, they have incorporated stitched leather. I think that these will last the life of car. View attachment 2581183
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Finally repaired and Cabiro side by side!

So pick your poison. I will post some photos after install.

6. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.

Thanks for sharing the photos of the Cabrio product. They look good. I was able to obtain the gasket material from a fellow FChatter. He sent me the remainder of his supply, which was greatly appreciated. I have to agree with you that removing the Deflectors is a chore and scraping out the old material was time consuming. I must have 6 hours into the project but was pleased with the end result. I figured if I did not like the end result I would purchase the Cabrio deflectors. Attached is a photo of my repaired deflectors before I re-installed them. It took me another 90 minutes to reinstall them. ugh. My recommendation is if you can find the gasket material and have the time, try the repair. It is not that hard. I had to glue the gaskets in and used a number of small adjustable clamps to hold them to dry overnight. Just need to have patients. Note; the four screws that hold in the side deflectors in place require a 5mm Allen Head wrench. I purchased a few extra screws at ACE hardware. I was amazed that they had similar screws as the factory item. The ACE screws are Black, the factory Silver. Not a problem as they are not visible once installed. Also, if you can find or make an Allen wrench with the small angle end no longer that 1/2 inch you will have a much easier time removing the outside screws. I was able to stop my top in a partial up position to allow access to the screws but those side screws are blocked by the top mechanism. Overall, either solution is much better than the deteriorating original gasket material.

7. Mercedes

Mercedes Karting

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Orlando mercid
  8. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    There is no part number. The gasket material just arrived in a clear plastic bag. I believe I have a small piece leftover and can measure it and post a photo tomorrow. Would that work?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

9. Mercedes

Mercedes Karting

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Orlando mercid
    Yes thanks .ive been looking for that gasket you used all over the web.cant seem to find that t-gasket.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Mercedes

Mercedes Karting

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Orlando mercid
  11. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Mercedes, attached are photos of the gasket material that I used to repair my Wind Deflectors. When I was researching I found a string on the subject and discovered a fellow at [email protected] was making the repairs. At some point he decided to stop offering the service and sold me his remaining gasket material. You may want to reach out to him to see where he obtained it. I have not looked but he might still be active on FChat since I did my repair just last summer.

12. Mercedes

Mercedes Karting

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Orlando mercid
  13. Mercedes

Mercedes Karting

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Orlando mercid
    After considering a few options thought i give this a try worse case i would of ordered the new ones.but i manage to fix the deflectors for 5 bucks.and i modified the allen key to work a littile better for easy removal.
    Used screen gasket spline from home depot..5 bucks. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using FerrariChat.com mobile app

dkidwell and ShadowLAP like this.
  14. Mercedes

Mercedes Karting

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Orlando mercid
    ShadowLAP likes this.
  15. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    Wasn’t there a u tube video on how to do this?

16. Mercedes

Mercedes Karting

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Orlando mercid
  17. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    I ordered the Cabrio product. Arrived promptly 3 day UPS. $300 included $60 shipping. Good solid product...not exactly 100% OEM but 95%.

Can’t use the Phillips screws supplied so got new hexbolts from Ace. Can’t reuse original screws...different thread.

Took about 90 mins for the job. Easy to get old ones out with patience. Best to have someone hold new ones (outer 2 only) while you try and locate screw holes. Center one is easy.

The mesh on my old ones is perfect and still tightly stuck in the slot. The old gasket stuff peeled away but the bit that holds the mesh in is tight. Could easily be refurbished. FREE if anyone wants them.

18. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Do you have the middle deflector available ?
    My car came with the middle one missing.

19. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    I do. I replaced all 3. The center one is certainly useable. Give me your address and I’ll post it to you if you want it.

20. Mimmo Blue

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Sent you a PM

21. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    Sorry. Can’t find the PM. Try my email... [email protected].

I’ll post on Tuesday....Monday is MLK holiday.

Pete

22. Mimmo Blue

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dom
    You can go into your profile and click on conversations.

I will send you an email

23. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    If nobody wants the 2 outer ones I’m going to bin them.

Pete

24. Mercedes

Mercedes Karting

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Orlando mercid