Blackhawk Cars&Coffee... no more! | FerrariChat

Blackhawk Cars&Coffee... no more!

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by robert_fulton, Jul 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robert_fulton

robert_fulton Rookie

Apr 28, 2004
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Fulton
    Received this notice the other day... Too bad we can't behave.

We have made the difficult decision to end Cars & Coffee as of now. We love the spirit of the event and the opportunity it has provided for the Museum and its volunteers to interact with the local automotive community, but the event has grown beyond our ability to actively monitor with our volunteers and staff. The hazards caused by congestion within the Plaza, noise complaints from the surrounding residential area, and concerns of local law enforcement cannot be ignored.

I want to thank everyone that has been a part of Cars & Coffee over the years. We have several new ideas in the pipeline at Blackhawk Museum and hope that you will all join us in our future endeavors.

2. Lussolover

Lussolover Karting

Sep 22, 2014
    I personally will no longer shop at the mall / restaurants there or give them my money. Shopping center is a clusterf##k anyways.

What would be smart is have a cars and coffee type show but limit it to vintage cars. It will keep out most of the teens and classless people in their new cars trying to show off.

Randy R and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  3. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    +1... I'm with you on this statement.

4. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    That would be a good solution. Our cars N coffee in Folsom CA has had noise issues and it always seems to be the modern car owners that have to show off.

Mang likes this.
  5. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    My guess is it’s not old or middle aged people in new cars.

6. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Sadly, I think it is the natural evolution of Cars and Coffee events. All the good ones get cancelled eventually and always for the same reasons.

I live within a few miles of the Blackhawk Plaza and began attending mid-2013. I am also a member of the museum. Then, there were a hundred cars maybe and wonderful vibe. By 2018 it devolved into a 1,200 car monster, displacing people who wanted to park to go to their gym or go to a restaurant for breakfast. Unique cars still showed up on occasion, but they became almost lost in such a mob scene and it became much harder to talk in depth with their owners.

There are still Cars and Coffee in the Bay Area that are new and fresh and have not yet riled the neighbors. It is easy to see the trajectory though; the last new small C&C I attended, there were a few people who felt compelled to demonstrate that a car becomes very loud if you remove the muffler system. They may well have been just hooligans who noticed the car gathering and took time to drive through and make noise. Whatever, I just felt sad knowing how it would eventually end.