308 and 208 turbo included in the "Ferrari engines enthusiasts' Manual" | FerrariChat

308 and 208 turbo included in the "Ferrari engines enthusiasts' Manual"

Discussion in '308/328' started by Albert-LP, Jul 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    A new Ferrari book will come out in October, from Haynes: will be a joint production by the Italian photographer Francesco Reggiani with Keith Bluemel.

It will show 15 iconic Ferrari engines from 1947 to the present: 18 pages for each engine model, with the engine assembled and disassembled, including two pages for the car it belongs to.

The good news (for me) is that on the book there will two of my engines: the F106D No. 0288 engine belonging to my 208 GTB turbo VIN 46823 and the F106A021 No. 1690 engine belonging to my "the last but one" 308 GTB drysump VIN 34465.

Pictures were taken by Francesco Reggiani during the engines restore, while the cars were pictured after the end of the restore.

This is the first not Italian book about Ferrari to give such a big relevance and room to the 208 turbo, the first Ferrari turbocharged street car ever.

And I think that it's a good thing for the 308 too.

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Benneke and Aus_yz like this.
  2. celestialcoop

celestialcoop Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2006
    Full Name:
    Coop
    Thanks for letting us know about this upcoming book, Alberto. 'very cool to have two of your cars/engines featured!
    Cheers,
    Coop