tablet pc | FerrariChat

tablet pc

Discussion in 'Technology' started by PlayersMarkus, Nov 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PlayersMarkus

PlayersMarkus Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    just got mine...after I hated it first, now i absolutely looooooooooooove it ! Anyone else here with a tablet ? i got myself the new acer t300 with the 14 inch screen and suddenly notebook/laptop/pc in general has a new meaning to me...

Markus

2. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I think they're great--you just use 4 or 5 keys for surfing the web, so as long as those controls are available, it's ideal. But if you need to draft a long document, I don't think the onscreen keyboard is too great.

I have seen a few hybrid laptops whose screens swivel so that they can face away from the keyboard and then get folded back over the keyboard to becme a tablet pc. Now those look about perfect to me.

What do you like better about it over a regular laptop? Which one do you have?

Rgds,
    Faisal.

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    3 years ago I started working on the development of the handwriting recognition software the tablet is infamous for. i love the tablet!

4. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    So you're to blame for all these new toys I keep wanting to buy.

Can people achieve input speeds equivalent to fast typing speeds if they use an input screen long enough? Any RSI worries?