Testarossa Price Trends | Page 35 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Agreed.

But, I'll add my own data point. My own 91 is worth 80k. That's what I was offered on a trade in towards a Lamborghini Aventador Roadster. It's the miles that kill the value on the cars. I have no problem with that or I wouldn't keep driving it....65,000 miles and counting. For that value, what's the point of selling.

So, my own comments are unbias. You can't "talk up" a market while you keep doing something that brings the value down. I won the platinum award because the judges had never seen a Testarossa with that many miles and in that condition. Yes, there's road rash, chips but you cannot find a cleaner original paint TR. But, at the end of the day, it won't make my personal car come up.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jakuzzi likes this.
  2. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Shamile keep the hot chick pics comming

Jakuzzi, cgt000 and Shamile like this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

As a trade and for an upgrade...of course, ferrari gave me 85 for a 458 so i totally believe that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakuzzi and Shamile like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

I have no agenda. I bought and aold my car and not looking to buy a tr. I want a 512 which unfortunately for me is still holding pretty strong.

My purchase was in 2016-17 and sell in 2018.
    This thread started when the tr was 50-60k.So in the grand scheme of things they have gone up and will keep doing so in the future; basic law of supply and demand.
    Again i can show u mine no issues showing u the vin so you can do ur due dilligence.
    For instance ferrari of tampa/orlando starting asking 129k for mine, then 119, 109 and i bought it.
    Im. It took them 9 months and a 10k+ service to sell it...and the car was on their showroom floor.
    I invite you to check hagerty, bat, and all results to see the median price and you can revert to us with the factual average price... i also invite you to check car guru or any website that displays the average time a car has been for sale. You will see it is a tough sale. Check the thread that says looking for thoughts on that 88tr starting by Parnelli; you will see that the salesman kept dropping its prices 145 to 98k now. You give me too
    Much credit if you think i made his price go down;)

Its a wonderful machine, a dream, a piece of art but it takes a connoisseur to want one vs a 458 which is so cheap to maintain and easy to drive. Those like us who had,have,will have one are true enthusiasts and fans.

But again as stated by others i am in full agreement that you may get a 90k car with lots of issues and some with less. It is what comes with a 30 year old car.

I took my purchase not lightly and truly studied the market and cars before i bought it and i am sure most would do the same on this forum.

JAM1 and Shamile like this.
  5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    All this tr talk took my tr out for a short 7 mile drive and it pulls so hard nothing like 12 cylinders. Feels more than 400hp imo anyone looking for one get it now these cars are undervalued and the noise it makes at 6800 rpm music to my ears

6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I would take the tr over a 458

7. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I had BBQ yesterday with a 458 and my TR. The 458 was unarguably the better car in everyway but two: beauty and value. The TR won on these two criteria. This was the general concensus of everyone at the party from 23 to 45 years old.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Calling truce on those tr prices as i celebrate our second title;)
    May all the tr reach 200k this year or not;)

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

No doubt the tr is the most beautiful car ferrari ever made!
    The ideal would be a tr for occasional drive and enjoying the dream and a 458/430 for modern covenience;)

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  10. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    What are you doing here?? Go and get wasted
    Congrats to France

On a side note, besides a minor repair of a coolant leak and an overhaul of the fuse panel the car Nat sold to me was completely sorted out. Drives perfectly and can’t be more happy

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Yep all that for way less than 100k and only 26k
    Miles.
    That’s because i love my f-chat friends, specially you!

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Congrats nat for France win

13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Totally agree best of both world a modern and a classic version

14. Lloyd

Lloyd F1 Rookie

Aug 25, 2001
    Austin
    Being a heretic, I decided on a new generation NSX for my daily driver. I was thinking of selling the 512TR, but giving up the sound and overall experience of the TR would likely require an inpatient detox program.

VColin likes this.
  15. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Caphill and EZORED like this.
  17. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    That was the price for entry, now let's see how much it really costs after getting it all sorted out...

18. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Lucky Buyer! Would cost less than 5k to get it imported and shipped. Only unknown on this car I would think, would be suspension. But for that price, I could fix alot!!! and no mouse belts! LOL

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed , well at least the major has been done;)

20. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Seems like a lot of work was done.

Two questions with the car. Why was it repainted with only 8900 miles? It's from Japan, is the 8900 miles accurate?

Anyway you cut it, great value if it is really an 8900 mile car.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicles/6466/1986-ferrari-testarossa

Not affiliated in anyway shape of form but 89k for a 10k miles euro tr is pretty nice.
    Assuming one scoops it for say 85k, does a service (ad doesnt say much ) paint those ugly side skirts back to black, that could be 90-95k for a really nice running tr.
    Not a gem but a good deal...potentially of course;)

22. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    so how much for a gem

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Well u know the story: owners seem to value their car more than what they are worth and vice versa. Honestly it would pain me to spend more than 120k-130 for a perfect tr. i mean low miles, serviced, with everything working.
    Above that, in my opinion, it is too much in 2018...but maybe too low in 2028;)

24. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    just messing with you love ur value evaluations :)

25. Natkingcolebasket69

I would offer fair value for ur TR after consulting with Parnelli so expect 89k lol