How good are those TRX 390 mm wheels / tires, really? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How good are those TRX 390 mm wheels / tires, really?

Discussion in '308/328' started by dave80gtsi, Nov 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but part of the reason that modern tyres do the job they do is that because most of the developments that came with the TRX are used in the design of modern tyres. However they don't have the benefit of the shallower and different angled flange.

there are 2 dramatic improvements today compared to the TRX of yesteryear
    1/ Current quality control systems have come on leaps and bounds so the uniformity and quality of the current TRX is even better than it was in period.
    2/ using science we make better compounds than we ever did.

You might be able to buy cheaper 16" tyres but these https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/classic-car-tyres/ferrari/308.html are genuinely made by Michelin themselves. and when i get them soon, they will have a very fresh date code.

Oh yeah - and they look cool

2. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi Team

for thoos of you that are bothered. I have just been contacted by Michelin and been told that i have 8 of the https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/1467/s/220-55vr390-michelin-trx/category/2480/ on their way to me. they are all sold, i guess to back orders that are probably on Ferrari chat, so sorry if you are noot one of them.

any way, i also have a much bigger back order lodged with Michelin, that i imagine will be here very soon so if you want to place back orders oh here https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/1467/s/220-55vr390-michelin-trx/category/2480/ that will be great. Orf if you want to ring up and haggle 00 44 1302 711123

3. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
  4. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
  5. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Blimey. these are flying out the door. I have a few left. I shall be ordering more which i expect to get in about a week to 10 days.

6. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    What would be a delivered price for 2 (220/55-390) Pennsylvania US?

7. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
  8. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal