Pics of my rides. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pics of my rides.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by JasonN, Jul 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ced357

Ced357 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Parkland FL
    Wow, the tone of thread has shifted dramatically.

So, umm, anymore pictures of your cars?

Shadowfax likes this.
  2. QueueCumber

QueueCumber Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    I do not think you know what mentalize means. It means putting yourself in another person's shoes. To do that means that you contemplate all the possible perspectives and reasons for another person's behavior, not just your own knee-jerk perspective/assumptions. I can see from your posts that mentalizing is a skill that eludes you.

JimPVB, Ash Patel and Chadly like this.
  3. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    Fchat is a potpourri of characters - from extemely conservative billionaires to paycheck to paycheckers. I need to contemplate all possible perspectives before giving my point of view on being financially responsible so I don’t offend anyone?? Got it. (Note to self-do not write anything with which someone else might not agree)

Sorry JasonN, this thread derailment is my fault. Now that Chad the Excavator and Dr. Watchboy have learnt me on keeping my opinions to myself, I hope we can get back to discussing your cars.

I just got back from the AMG Driving Academy at COTA - if you haven’t done it yet, it’s pretty fun. The C63 was a blast to drive on the skid pad. I did the same course 5 years ago, but did it with my wife this time (and it was close to my brother and his newborn twins in San Antonio). If you’ve ever driven on a track or attended a racing school, you’ll likely find it a little boring at times, but it is free if you bought the C63 new.

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Let's face it...we're all a bit nutz and stupid on FChat. :)
    Nice cars Jason...I love the 'vette particularly!

wax and Chadly like this.
  5. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Well since we are giving opinions here and ignoring that mom always says "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all." My opinion on you from this post and the previous ones I've seen from you, that you are as probably as self-made as Kyrie Jenner. Kudos to your family for making you so successful that you can sit on the forum and tell other Ferrari owners how blatantly financially irresponsible they are. Hopefully I can grow up to be in a wealthy family someday so I can criticize everyone on here... :confused:

Ash Patel likes this.
  6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Rent to/or Own - I.don't.care.

I only hit Like on the distraction post 'cause it looks like a nice joint, too.

"The pheasants are beneath me." - SoCal to az
    "I have very few pet peeves in life . . . " - PeterS
    "Change is inedible" - fc2

7. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I think you gentlemen are really talking about the garage. I didn't see anything really showing the house.

8. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    Hesitated to answer this because it's so stupid and I really wanted to get the focus back on JasonN's cars, but I worried that if I didn't reply someone might think my silence would confirm your suspicions. My dad started off as a PE teacher and went back to school to become a principal, and my mom started off running an unlicensed daycare and went back to school so she could teach middle school English. My wife's dad owned a car parts store in a town of 3500 people, and her mom died when she was 10 and left her an inheritance of roughly $50k.

I do have a very wealthy uncle, but he only gave me $20 for my birthday every year til I was 18 (and a some nice cutlery for my wedding present).

9. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Well it was just an opinion... Seems to be just as worthless as your opinion. :) you're going to get treated on here just as he treat others. I gather most people don't post on here to get criticized.

QueueCumber likes this.
  10. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    funny guy, have you been to hong kong? do you also bash on the 10 bed room flat owners there for not posting nice pics on their Ferraris in front of their house, as many that I know at least over there choose not to own a house. Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but I assume it is ok to have a flat worth x50 a 458? Or it has to be a house just for the sake that it is a house and you can have nice pics of the cars in front of it and post it here to show everyone that the cars is in equality with the house. Maybe this is a US thing to have a house?

Chadly and QueueCumber like this.
  11. QueueCumber

QueueCumber Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    The problem is that he can't see beyond his own front yard. There are a multitude of good reasons why people choose not to have gigantic houses and/or not to own property at all, but to him it's all "fiscal irresponsibility." Judging by the inciteful and bellicose posts, I'm glad he's not someone in my offline life. :D

Chadly likes this.
  12. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Oh boy I haven't checked this thread in a while. The pics of he cars were taken at my house. The pic with me in the car was taken at a friends. Irregardless, I love my house. Just built it and moved in last year. If you look close you can see the concrete was ruined by salt and will be replaced. I'm in the process of building a new 50' x 80' garage so I can keep adding cars (plus have a place for my tractors).

About the AMG, I actually installed a tune by Racechip. It is a piggyback tune. A true PITA to install but it works very well. I can change the tune with my phone which is pretty neat. I have yet to take it to a dyno.

The QX80 gets horrible mileage. The thing is when you need a 7 passenger SUV you need it. I tow stuff with it and haul things in it. More like a work truck than a lux SUV. I'm hoping the new BMW X7 has potential.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason

Sound of 65. We all know what a 458 sounds like:)

energy88, QueueCumber and rssf like this.
  14. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    This is like d of what I was trying to get out of his post - I don't get what having a palatial house has got to do with owning a Ferrari.
    I also note several others picked up on his snarky post !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueueCumber likes this.
  15. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Whats wrong with people?! Why cant we just be happy for each other?!
    Does the house we live matters? Come on, dont be a d!%k.

16. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I love the sound of the cam at idle!:)

QueueCumber likes this.
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    This has to be the most absurd thread I have ever had the displeasure to read on any car forum. Poster is proud of his cars and posts photos. The responses turn into a vitriolic debate upon the financial sensibility of owning a house as opposed to renting. WOW!

JimPVB, dustman and tekaefixe like this.
  18. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Yeah, no kidding. It is the perfect example of the reason why I no longer make any significant postings on automotive web forums anymore. Because there is always some idiot who blindsides you with a ridiculous "counterpoint" that is, in actuality, quite "off-point" and hypercritical in a derogatory, yet entirely ludicrous manner.

JimPVB, dustman, Shack and 2 others like this.
  19. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Yup, we have a bunch of assh&!€$ in the forum....
    And the funny thing is I’m sure we have a few billionaires here (some with 3 laferraris or whatever and some with just an old Ferrari but with a 350M yacht) and they are the most kind and humble people. Maybe with just 10 posts or something like that and you would never tell.
    Odin, give me patience....

20. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    All stock too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk