Ferrari Adventure #3 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Adventure #3

Discussion in '360/430' started by 360HB, Jul 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Great road trip.

I believe these cars bring happiness to the world.... to more than just the driver.....:);​

tonyc likes this.
  2. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    Okay, I've done about 1350 miles so far and about 20 hrs. Yeah, slow I know... Been cruising around 75mph. I'm at the halfway point here in Oklahoma City. Next stop Albuquerque tomorrow.

My car got rained on 4x today! I think the paint is starting to come off from driving in the rain..... Pics tomorrow of the bug massacre scene that is my front end.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caphill, Walt Gamble and one4torque like this.
  3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    How is your mileage? Just curious.

Great trip.

4. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    Average has been about 21 but my speedo reads 5mph fast above 60 which blows.... ill calculate actual mileage when i get home my measuring my gas station to gas station mileage vs. Gallons purchased. Ill do this when I get home

355.5 mls ÷16.793 gal used = 21.16 mpg
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Walt Gamble likes this.
  5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Yeah, on my 280mi trip home in my 01 Modena w stock size tires—- I also noticed the f speedo reading 5-10 mph faster than iPhone gps. Perhaps it’s a Ferrari thing.., to keep customers from getting speeding tickets :::::/)

6. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
  7. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    third time is the charm!!!

8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I love these stories! I've done, fly in and drive home in Ferraris, Porsches, Lotus' and every trip has had memories that have lasted a lifetime and is worth way more than a few miles on the car. Besides they run better if they are driven!

If you come through Phoenix, give me a holler and maybe we can grab a coffee.

The pic of those 2 counting money is great. How the hell did they fit in a Ferrari? Hopefully they won't spend it all at McDonalds! :)

9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Speedos read fast, but the odometers are usually pretty accurate. You can time it against mile markers.

Caphill and 360HB like this.
  10. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    I actually did, it made me happy to know i wasn't adding 10% more miles lol

11. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
  12. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    piratepress and cre_man like this.
  13. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
  14. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    This was the day. Monday July 16th I'd make it home to Huntington beach. Fingers crossed. This was the leg I was most worried about. I had wanted to do the leg at night due to the temps. The temp for 4 of the 6 hour drive was between 109F and 113F. I wasnt sure how robust Ferrari cooling systems were. Until now. Pleased to report the car handled it like a champ. I was also concerned about the tires and possibly having a blowout. The section of I40 thru AZ is notoriously rough road. Again the car handled it no issue. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caphill likes this.
  15. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    Somehow I missed the photo crossing into CA, but I did get it on video.

This is where i had my 1st issue with the car that scared the S**T out of me.

I'm cruising along at 75 and all of a sudden I hear the Transmission BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP, accompanied by the red light in the cluster.... F*************CK is all thats going thru my head. 2,300 miles and NOW YOU DECIDE TO DO THIS?!?!? In the middle of the hottest part of the country? Ms. 360 are you aware its 113F outside? I can't even open your engine compartment lid without buring my hand! WTF is wrong with you!

In a panicked state im thinking the worst. The tranny is dead. OMFG. 260ish miles and 60 longer than my AAA tow distance.

I downshift to 5th..... No issue it downshifts perfect. Okay keep slowing a little, down shift to 4th..... Perfect change... okay did I knock the little lever into reverse by accident?..... No its still forward.... What the heck is going on?!?!?

Accelerate a bit and upshift to 5th...... Negative ghostrider.... Negative.

Sinking feeling in gut... OMG the actuator is broken or the pump is fried.

By this time there is random overpass coming up, I pull off and bring the car to a stop.

I check the f1 fluid, all is well there. I drive the car up the road Neutral to 1st gear gear no problem, 1st to 2nd all good, SMILE ON MY FACE.... 2nd to 3rd....NOTHING.

DEPRESSION SETS IN HARD. FML, I let everyone down. So many people told me not to drive the car A FERRARI across the U.S..

I'm the big cocky ****** now, with a broken ferrari 260 miles from home and out of tow range.

Or so I thought.

I google the cars symptoms:
    Ferrari 360 wont shift past 2nd gear
    Seconds later like a magician google has a surprise for me.

Thomas, meet F-Chat. F-Chat is here to save your trip, your wallet, and your ego.

The 1st hit on google is:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/transmission-light-came-on-car-will-not-shift-past-2nd-gear.443221/

By FLF360.

Freaking savior!!!!

But is was this quote by user Ferrari Spider that saved my bacon...

I TRIED IT, AND BAM!!! IT WORKED EXACTLY AS HE SAID....

On the road again, I can hear Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson singing to me...

I'm going to make it home!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

bball16 likes this.
  16. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    #41 360HB, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    steved033 and Caphill like this.
  17. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    If anyone has guidance on what sensor i need to replace, I'd appreciate the intel. I plan to get to work repairing later today or tomorrow.

Edit: Ill reply to all the comments tonight on my computer.

18. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Awesome documentation of a epic journey! Congrats!

360HB likes this.
  19. basscase415

basscase415 Karting

Jun 10, 2017
    CA
    I've enjoyed this thread but I'm out now.

I'm no prude, but taking candid pictures of complete strangers in public and hashtagging them as ugly prostitutes/johns. . . not classy behavior to say the least.

20. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Great adventure! I was looking forward to each installment. Glad you and the 360 are home safe and sound.

360HB likes this.
  21. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    She/he was/were and no faces are shown. If they weren't talking about their exploits in public and only feet from me while eating, they had it coming.

Ill take those photos out because i agree with you. I also didn't hastag anything. Nor call anyone ugly. Thats all implied.

You must have reported the photos because I cant delete em. Looks like they stay.

Edit: if a mod wants to remove em, fine by me.

22. basscase415

basscase415 Karting

Jun 10, 2017
    CA
    I didn't report anything and don't appreciate the accusation.

Good call trying to remove the photos at least. I'll happily edit/remove my comments when they're gone.

23. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Not shifting past 2nd is often an indicator of a bad or loose potentiometer. Might as well take her to someone with an SD2 or Leonardo to make sure. You will have to have one to reset the F1 fault/lamp, at any rate.

24. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    That's very strange I don't understand why won't let me edit the post....

25. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    There is a time limit on editing of posts. Plus, I think it is funny. I vote they stay....nothing wrong and it adds some offhand humor to the thread. :D

Walt Gamble, Mimmo Blue and 360HB like this.