For Sale - 2014 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2014 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

Discussion in 'Cars' started by roytoy2003, Jul 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    this car deserves a hell yeah and a yee haw.

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    I've had mine for over 4 years and it's been my daily driver since with now over 55k miles. I've been very happy with the car. They're really fantastic for the money. Very fast. Can be made scary fast with a tune, slightly smaller diameter blower pulley, and slightly larger throttle body - though it's ultimately limited by not enough tire. Handles reasonably well given the weight (which isn't bad by modern car standards) and solid rear axle, which can hop in a corner when the road gets bumpy. Said another way, handling doesn't always inspire confidence when the axle gets jittery despite quite high ultimate grip. Brakes could be better for track use, but largely cured with Carbotech etc pads and some proper higher temp brake fluid. Interior plastics are cheap, but it's a Mustang. Shifter is clunky but easily remedied with a MGW2 shifter, which shifts smoothly and looks like it was built by NASA.

But the performance given the reliability is off the charts. Power delivery is effortless with gobs of torque available at low revs. Only work my Shelby has had is regular fluid changes (I change all fluids at least annually, oil/filter every 5k-7k miles) plus the wire for the rear defroster had to be reattached. That's it. The drivetrain is very robust and designed to accommodate considerably more power than the car came with in stock form. Overall, it's a great modern day muscle/GT car experience. It's a bit raw for sure. So probably not the car for a buyer looking for refinement. Think of it as a modern day "old school" experience.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  3. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    American muscle, love it! I have looked at a few of these locally along with the GT300 and R. I tour Shelby America more than I like to admit. The photos show a very nice example of a GT500 for sure. Beautiful!