Any success dealing with CarFax??? HELP | FerrariChat

Any success dealing with CarFax??? HELP

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ifeelfree0, Jul 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I had a deal on my 599 only to have my CarFax show an "accident" reported in CA "somewhere between June 2007-June 2008"?? No details. I understand in CA that any incident over $750 can be reported to Carfax as an accident. I know for certain the paintwork is original and no repairs were done to the car. I have an appeal case into CarFax, only to have them tell me , via email only, it will take weeks. That is a deal breaker not to sell the 599 but for me to buy a CS.

Are there any successes out there or hints how to deal with them? I am trying to contact the original buyer to understand the nature of the claim but the bigger picture is to get CarFax to overturn it or am I pipe dreaming?

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How can there be an accident but no repairs? And original paint? It wouldn't be an accident, it would at worst be a fender bender, and even that would be a stretch

3. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Did you own the car at that time?

4. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    No. Happy ending. They fixed it however I may pursuit a claim. Will keep everyone posted

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Maybe someone scuffed a bumper that was PPF'd and it needed new PPF that was over $750? Actual paint under and plastic bumpers still ok. I guess that's the only real life situation I could think of. Otherwise it's an error entered.