KIMI | Page 18 | FerrariChat

KIMI

Discussion in 'F1' started by johngtc, Aug 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

True.....

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Make that former Master Craftsman milking it as long as he can. But, he does great interviews . . . . ;):mad::confused::p:Do_Oo_O

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Ah, "Superswede"...to think that today's kids are deprived of seen him opposite-locking with the black and gold Lotus 72!
    I still remember exactly where I was, and what I was doing, in September 1978 when I heard on the radio that he has been pronounced dead.
    Was it really forty years ago? My, how time flies...
    Rgds

Jeronimo GTO, Bas and 375+ like this.
  4. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Newspaper links Raikkonen with Sauber return

JULY 17, 2018

The signs are growing ever stronger that Ferrari will have a new driver in 2019.

Kimi Raikkonen admits that it is "up to the team" whether he stays next year. Strong speculation suggests Charles Leclerc has already been signed up until 2020.

In turn, the Swiss newspaper Blick reports that Raikkonen could return to Sauber, where 17 years ago he started his career.

But Ferrari insider Leo Turrini thinks Raikkonen should stay.

"We have Ferrari's best duo for over 25 years," he told Sky Italia. "We also have a car that is still developing and a team that works brilliantly together."

Sebastian Vettel is even leading the world championship, but not counting any chickens in his battle with Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton.

"Lewis is strong," Vettel told Bild newspaper.

"And we can't completely forget Red Bull. What matters to me is that we are constantly developing, and we are."

So when asked if 2018 will finally be his year to add a fifth title to his tally and his first wearing red, the German answered: "I don't know. It's too early to predict that.

"But I don't think we should overestimate anything just because we won on a supposed Mercedes route," Vettel said, referring to Silverstone.

"It would be different if we were a second ahead of the others but we are not. It will take a while before the job is done."

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Slow news day.

6. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    Kimi will be at Ferrari next year.......too many BS rumours. next year is last year.....sadly

7. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Jim Clark?

Bas likes this.
  8. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Kimi and Kubica at McLaren?

375+ and DF1 like this.
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Moss?, lololo you probably could make a better team with non championship winners than the other way around!

Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  10. DF1

Bas and william like this.
  11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I think Kimi will be replaced, but not in 2019. Perhaps let LeClerc run at Alfa next season to mature and make sure he doesn't implode. If he does implode, time for Ricci.

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A good article. I stand by my point that Ferrari would do well to keep Kimi for another season before replacing him with Leclerc. Leclerc needs to be measured against a stronger opponent than Ericsson IMO. Marcus never amounted to much pre F1, and never did anything note worthy in his F1 career. As Mark Hughes said in the article...if he gets destroyed like Stoffel is right now, it'll be hard to go back to a good team after that. I'd seriously consider putting him in Grosjeans' seat with the promise of 2020 Ferrari seat if he performs accordingly. Which he should.

NEP and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  13. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    I think Kimi will stay one more year. if he puts in 2 solid races before the summer break than he is defiantly staying. Leclerc isn't ready. He needs at least one more year..........put em in a HAAS

14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The Special Ks, I like it.

Bas likes this.
  15. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

or how about Mclarens "401k's"???:D

Bas and 375+ like this.
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    :D:D:D

Bas likes this.
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I think Charles is more than ready, if Elton and Jacques Villeneuve were able to do it, so will Charles. Alesi was put in a Ferraria gainst Prost after only one year and a couple of races more, and while Prost ended on top, Jean was more than a match for him most of the time. If he's really good, he'll give Seb a hard time..problem with vandoorne is that he's not that good!

Bas likes this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Of course if Ferrari feels Kimi's input in developing the car is very important they might keep him, after all it's not like his driving bad! Puting Charles against Kevin in the Haas for a year doesn't seem silly at all, but it's a long time dsince i've been "in love" with a driver at Ferrari, and Charles could be the one..let's see!

Bas likes this.
  19. DF1

So Kimi as the development / reserve?

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    But Kimi can't develop when not driving the car...

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I agree. I think he's ready, but also I don't think it's a bad move at all if he does 1 year against Kmag. Charles is only 20, and has all the time in the world (so to say) to get fully prepared for the top seat. He won't lose anything by doing an extra year at Sauber or Haas (latter preferably). Kimi is right about there on retirement age, so that seat will become available to him.

Ferrari has a great working relationship between Kimi and Seb, I can't think of a better one I've seen at Ferrari in ever. Seb seems very relaxed this year.

crinoid likes this.
  22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    athre where others, Alesi and Berger were very good friends, and also Gilles and Jody..

23. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I bet they thought that about Bianchi too...

24. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Ericsson was only an opponent during the first couple races. Over the last 4 Leclerc's opponents have been the best of the middle tier. The only thing holding him back now is the car.

Bas likes this.