New Foam Cannon review (by me) | FerrariChat

New Foam Cannon review (by me)

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Voda, Jul 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    Figured this would be a good test for the new foam cannon from the Chemical guys. Dirty from the wet skidpad.
    Anyways, here's what I did:
    1. Hook up CR Spotless in between the spicket and pressure washer
    2. Use 40 degree fan spray on pressure washer to rinse
    3. Use Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash in combination with Chemical Guys Torq Foam Cannon
    4. Rinse with pressure washer using 40 degree attachment
    Pics:
    Here's part of the arsenal for a wash/detail:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

So you can see it definitely did something....not everything, which I didn't expect it to. I picked up the foam cannon for under $50 on ebay, I'd say it's worth it.
    The bonus is that it's actually kinda fun to use...the Chemical Guys' washes are actually scented. The Extreme Body Wash is purple and smells like grape flavored soda. Double bonus is that my kids think its really cool, so that equals free help!

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This was actually informative to me. I’ve been wondering how effective the foam cannons are

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I wish there was an effective foam cannon that worked off a garden hose...I dread the idea of breaking out the pressure washer to simply use a foam cannon...

cgt000 likes this.
  4. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Based on the after pic you still need to handwash the car. What is gained?

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I believe the perceived benefits is better coverage of foam with the foam gun, thus better lubricity and reduced incidence of swirls in the paint from washing.

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Agree with this. Nice thick foam for the fiber mitts to float and then garden hose flush as rinse (not high pressure). Should stick with distilled or deionized water for at least final flush. Blow dry last.

7. cre_man

cre_man Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    The Netherlands
    Hi, I use it a lot. Water Dries up quickly, too quick. That Why i use the CG foam canon. This leaves a thick soapy layer. Rubber And really sticky stuff does not come off, but bugs do, rain marks, dust etc is gone. I first wet the car, then apply the foam, then rinse again, then foam again but much less, gently wash with sponge, sponge rinse Many times, water rinse total car And than dry with a dry towel.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
  9. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    I can see endless possibilities with this at a sorority carwash event.

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I would just use it to spread the soap around evenly and then hand wash and in this case a hose version would work vs having to break out the pressure washer which to me is too much work.