VIN 48153 in Burgundy Red? | FerrariChat

VIN 48153 in Burgundy Red?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by stekkefun4, Jul 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I just bought a Mondial QV RHD that was converted into a track car, in a color that is called 'Rosso Fer 302/c'.

Apparently, it used to belong to an F-chat member until 2012, also his final appearence on F-chat. I think some people may know this car too. Here's a pic of what it looked like in 2008.

Anyhow, it was bought by a Belgian who converted it into a track car: took the interior out and installed a roll cage - no other changes. It's a pretty rare color, burgundy red, I'm not really a big fan of this color.

There is no history with the car. Does anyone know of it?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua likes this.
  2. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
  3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I'm no Mondial fanboy but that does look quite good raced up & with 348 wheels ! pm jtremlett re history

paulchua likes this.
  4. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    This car was for sale at many different traders in the Netherlands a while back. Among them the official dealer Munsterhuis. They had it advertised at a ridiculous price... The car is converted in a track car a long time ago

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Yes, Rossa Fer 302/C is a very rare color, and not just for the Mondial. Can be stunningly beautiful too in the right lighting.

Here's an interesting thread on the color.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/orinigal-order-sheet-received-thrilled-yet-shocked.509250/

6. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    The more I look at the pictures, the more I start to like it.

I do have an interior for a RHD QV in stock, so I could upgrade the car and remove the roll cage. The first thing I'll do when the car arrives is remove all stickers and have a second 'live' look at the color.

The interior I have is light grey and I have a set of black mats, would look great :)

Here's the interior right now.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua and Dino2400 like this.
  7. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    You have saved a rare color Coupé once... Why not doing it once more? RHD might be a premium also.

enzo360 likes this.
  8. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I'm offering people the opportunity to purchase the car as it is until September, then I'll part it out.
    I'm not a fan of this color, even if they're only 6 RHD's of 'em. I'm keeping the original Ferrari radio for Goldfinger :)

paulchua likes this.
  9. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Just got in touch with the pilot who used to drive the car on the racetrack (and who was on this forum until 2013). This guy now races in the NASCAR championship! What about changing the stickering to a Red Bay version? That would be pretty cool!

10. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    paulchua likes this.
  11. MauroV

MauroV Karting

Jun 24, 2013
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Mauro
    It would look great with the grey interior.

12. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Yeah, but in fact I'm parting it out. The investment for restoring the car to an acceptable level is just way too high compared to the actual market value.