Wanted - 360 Modena gated 6 speed | FerrariChat

Wanted 360 Modena gated 6 speed

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by shifter, Jul 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hello F-chatters,
    Wow, can't believe i'm actually here. 14 years on this site for motivation, encouragement, and some sound financial advise and i'm finally ready (financially and mentally) to buy my first Ferrari. I was the kid like many of you, with Enzo Ferrari on my wall. I was given a private tour of the Ferrari factory in Modena in 2002 that left a lifelong impression on me. I changed careers knowing being an automotive engineer wasn't going to get me what I wanted in life. And here I am. The then Director of Purchasing of Ferrari told me how important it was to truly appreciate the brand before I buy as it will make for a better buying experience... well I have 16 years of appreciation built up for my 360 :)

I'm looking for the same that many are, perhaps, and decided to post to see if there was one tucked away with an owner who might want to give it up, as months searching normal channels haven't turned up the car for me, not yet.

Ideally I find a 2002+ gated 6 speed Modena, Rosso Corsa/Tan or maybe Nero/Tan/Cuoio. Under 20k miles, service history records, no stories, no paint work, PPI welcomed, top shelf car. I know it may not be easy, but getting here wasn't easy so why stop now? My intentions (as of today) are to keep the car forever, but probably won't be my last/only F-car.

The Spider is sensational, but not for me, not this car. And I very much prefer the Tan/Cuoio interior (I watched a 360 seat getting sewn as part of my tour so it's been in my dreams for ages).

Thank you in advance for any leads/opportunities.

Joe

Justinthecity, JSinNOLA and 550nitis like this.
  2. BB55

BB55 Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    BB
    Check Bring a Trailer, really nice spec 360 hater for sale. Car is located in Maryland

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  4. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thank you, just looked at it. I love it, Giallo isn’t for me, but I could stare at it all day. Looks particularly sharp with the challenge wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
  6. PGI

PGI Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Don't discount 99's. No precats. Combine it with a Tubi exhaust. Sound is fantastic.

innerstrength1@ likes this.
  7. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks, I won’t. But I need to do more research on Ca smog requirements, I live in MD (on work assignment) but will be going back to Ca in a year or two.

8. RammJaeger

RammJaeger Karting

Jul 24, 2016
    Woodstock, GA
    Hi Joe,

I've got a 2000 Ferrari 360 Modena 6 speed gated shifter Rosso Corsa/Tan for sale for $105k. The car is in amazing condition, and was recently for sale at Ferrari of Atlanta. My consignment period with them ended recently and I am now selling the car on my own again. The link below has details on the car, but since I posted that ad I've done some additional things to the car that weren't listed in the ad:

1) Did the full major service including belt service.
    2) Had the rest of interior sticky bits de-stickied (steering column cover, air vents, etc). The rest of the car had already been de-stickied.
    3) Upgraded the radio from an older flip out screen model to a newer Alpine with bluetooth, hands free calling, etc. Note I still also have an original Ferrari radio for it.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/2000-ferrari-360-modena-gated-6-speed-red-tan.552403/

Please PM me if you are interested.

Cheers,

John

9. MT360

MT360 Rookie

Feb 1, 2004
    Newport Beach, Calif
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi Joe:
    I have a 2002 Rosso Corsa/Tan that I am thinking of selling. I purchased it in 2004. I am the second owner. I will give you a brief description to see if you have any interest. 6 speed manual (3 pedal). It has 15,045 miles. All leather interior. Daytona seats - both electric. Factory shields. Two-piece wheels. Challenge grills front and rear. Tubi exhaust. Dash recently redone (8/17). Sticky done. Newer flip-screen Ferrari Radio (still have original). All services up to date. Belts, etc., replaced last October (2017). All records since purchased. All keys and fobs. Please let me know if you have any questions or interest. I have not set a firm price, but thinking in the $115,000 area. Mike

10. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hi Mike,
    Thank you for reaching out. I’m going to look at a 3 pedal 430 this week, a lot about that car lines up with me, just need to stretch the budget a bit.

If for some reason it doesn’t work out, I’ll PM you to learn more.

Thanks,
    Joe

11. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    No longer looking, thank you to those who sent me some cars to check out!

!!!!

New post (with pics) coming soon