McLaren 600 LT!? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

McLaren 600 LT!?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by iloveferrari, Jul 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Sorry Shack but LP definitely has issues for me at my height. I'm not imagining that. Also not a fan of that rear end styling or the visibility in general but If HP works for you that's awesome!

nice likes this.
  2. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Totally get it. I love mine but then again ergonomically I have no issues with it.

Shadowfax likes this.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah ergonomics are a big thing.. A car can either work or not work. I was going to walk away from 488 until I found the racing seats worked - then I was back in the game! Hey is yours LP or regular H?

4. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I can’t get a track mostly with no AC!!

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Its the LP (Perfomante). Was not a fan of the regular H as found it too "bland". The HP (or LP) is an order of magnitude better IMO. And just wait for their "trofeo" version to compete with the Pista !!! - Fun times to be able to enjoy this stuff IMO

6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Went for a 1 hour drive in the Performante yesterday with my son in law who is 6'-3", 240 lbs. and the car has the carbon fiber sport seats. He had no issues with comfort during the drive.

Shack likes this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Absolutely correct. The 610-4 w/ active suspension is very smooth, soft and compliant. Not my cup of tea. The Performante is a completely different car.On a different level in terms of driver engagement, raw driving dynamics, speed, grip, handling, suspension,steering feedback, chassis rigidity and overal sense of excitement and energy.

Shack likes this.
  8. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    It boggles the mind how people discuss whether tall/short or otherwise drivers fit or don’t fit in a car. Humans can be tall with short extremities and a long torso and visa-versa. The combinations are endless and car manufacturers try to set ergonomics for as many as possible within the confines of the car design.
    It appears some fit in the HP and some don’t . Hopefully everyone on this forum at least sits in the car(or one of its versions) to ensure compatibility before purchasing.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Coincid likes this.
  9. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Good to know as a friend 5'11" is concerned about the CF seats. Did you son-in-law have any comments regarding vision etc?

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The CF seats take some time to get used to them. Some hate them at first but then end up loving them as I did. My son in law had no issues with visibility or discomfort. I have had many passengers in the car and as of yet no complaints. The Performante is not a Bentley.It is a track /sports car.I highly recommend, prospective buyers spend some time in the car prior to purchase.

Shack likes this.
  11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Lol. So much for the OP and discussing the 600LT and Ferrari - seems to have morphed into a Lambo justification thread. Reality is for any of these cars height is a huge issue and for all of Mac’s misgivings at least they have this issue under control. Gotta give the brand that.

nice likes this.
  13. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferrari won't create such a segment, they make as many cars as they desire.
    This is what opens the door to McLaren to continue eating them from the soft underbelly.

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    600LT looks a definite step in the right direction although drives a nail squarely in 720S's coffin. I doubt Ferrari will see any need to make a new model just to counter 600LT. Maclaren's main issues have been with reliability, resale and quirky design ques. When that situation improves Ferrari will have a problem.

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    No need to justify. It owns.

16. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Don't know how the 600lt puts the nail in the coffin of the 720S. 720S is still way faster everywhere, even on street tires, and it's way more exotic looking IMO.

600LT should get great reviews, but it's still an expensive 570S.

17. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    no idea what you mean. The 720 at all angles outperforms the 600lt and any supercar in its segment.... hence why depreciation hasnt hit this car and its been out over 2 years already... and no issues with my 720 so looks like depreciation and reliability trends are heading in the right direction. the 600lt and 720 are in complete different segments... GT4 never cannibalized the 911.

FYI - i would be more concerned about a 600lt or even base 570 hitting other competitors give the base mclaren model’s performance is very similar to many other super cars. Ferrari already has a problem... one of its competitors created a base “sports” car that has almost similar performance metrics as the its marque 488. hence, why i am waiting for the next successor to add to my stable....i am sure there are other buyers in my situation so i would define this as a tiny problem.

sainthoo and Gh21631 like this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah but it drives with the feel of an overpowered camry/limo and looks too weird. The 600 owns 720 where it matters. More to a car than just numbers. This is also where Ferrari owns Mac. 600 is a step in the right direction. 570 didn't make it.

19. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    i think you need to take a 720 on a track and feel the car...you may be the first person to highlight that the 720 feels like a Camry but to each its own. The tech of a 720 is its biggest attribute, not its drag times.

20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I wouldn't take any Mac to the track unless it was someone else's.

MANDALAY likes this.
  21. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    then its tough to comment that its a Camry given you have zero experience... i have 5 different brands and not dedicated to one brand... take blinders off.

now for the original topic... ferrari should set a tone with 488 replacement and pick up on some of the shortcomings of the 488 which i think they will esp given that the 720 breached many barriers.... Ferrari will IMHO.... which is why i am waiting a couple of more years before jumping back into the brand. At that point, it may make sense to have a model to compete with the 570 and drop some it its other models like the Lusso, Portofino etc.. but for ferrari to have a 570 competitor, their marque model needs to step up. just my 2 cents

22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Comments comparing the 720S to a Camry simply serve to eradicate the credibility of the poster.Total nonsense.

dustman likes this.
  23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Waiting around? Ferrari being first to the party is bound to get trumped in the numbers game. At this level numbers are losing relevance - what matters to most now is the feel, drive and ownership experience. Holding bragging rights for numbers that can't be used 99.999% of the time is for posers and drag strip queens. It will be interesting to see how 600 fares once cars are delivered. Looks to be their best car yet.

24. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    #174 spourreza, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    numbers never, ever, ever, ever lose their relevance... thats a sign of complacency. if i really wanted the “feel” and “drive”, i would use by range rover sc more...lol. whether you want to believe it or not, in this market, it will always be about technology, the numbers, evolution... as each supercar manufacturer breaches new limits. Thats the fun of it all and its great to watch. Even Vette is catching up with the game with their new mid engine sports car...

look at the Senna... that just moved the goal post even further than the 720 which in of itself was clocked faster than the P1 at the Ring (fyi - a Camry cant do that). The bar is getting higher and higher... i am sure Ferrari will come out with a big splash with the replacement. Note: not sure why they even bother with some of their other models

Gh21631 likes this.
  25. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Impressive numbers are not everything but I want them AND the excitement of the drive. They are not nor should they be mutually exclusive.

Gh21631 likes this.