FERRARI 288 GTO | Page 490 | FerrariChat

FERRARI 288 GTO

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by kizdan, May 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    of2worlds and Albert-LP like this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #12227 Marcel Massini, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Almost 20 years??

Here's the ownership history of 47649:

First owner: Motor S.p.A., Modena, Italy, date 1st October 1990.
    Second owner: Privata Leasing S.p.A., a finance company domiciled in Reggio Emilia, Italy, purchased 23 May 2000. That's a bit less than ten years later.
    Third owner: Megadrive S.r.l., a sportscar association domiciled in Verona, Italy, purchased 18th June 2002. That's about two years later.
    Fourth owner: Alessandro Migliore, resident in Solbiate Arno (Varese), Italy, purchased 18th March 2003. Less than one year.
    Fifth owner: Mauro Raccanello of GP Service & C. S.n.c., in Cavaria con Premezzo (Varese), Italy, purchased 2006. Three years.
    Sixth owner: Ka. Sh., a businessman and major collector from Canada and FL/USA, who bought it on the 20th May 2007 at the RM auction in Maranello and still owns it today (eleven years).
    On the 28th November 2007 the first and original license plates/registration Modena "MO 846288" was cancelled because of exportation.

Here are the full ACI PRA documents (3 pages). These documents also confirm that there was no previous registered owner before Motor S.p.A.
    Nobody kept 47649 for almost 20 years.

Information for Albert-LP:
    Please be informed that my archive currently includes more than 7'500 (that's seven thousand five hundred) ACI PRA registration documents for Ferraris built between 1947 and 2018 and registered in Italy.
    I am capable to fully understand Italian language, it is one of four languages that I understand/speak.
    The document #2 ("proof") you posted in post #12112 is not an official factory document such as an invoice or delivery note etc., but simply a vague statement reproduced in a book published decades later.
    47649 was the 5th prototype (in chassis number sequence). You had blacked this out. 47649 was originally used by the factory for road and endurance testing.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Sold new 6 June 1985 through official dealer Walter Bordese’s Symbol Cars S.p.A. in Torino to first owner Count Vittorio Zanon di Valgiurata.

Marcel Massini

m5shiv and joe sackey like this.
  4. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Attempting to re-write history appears to be your modus operandi, but, it's not working, anytime someone attempts to use a very vague timeline such as "one or two years before" followed by absolutely no documented corroboration whatsoever, you know that at best case scenario they are guessing, worst case they are making it up as they go along.

Do Italian MD docs have a special way they must be read to reveal hidden secrets?

What part of the simple documents (which I have privately seen) do you not understand?

Let's review:

First, you came on here and gave erroneous information about the 47649's yellow color claiming it was born that way, then you back-pedaled, admitting you were wrong.

Second, you claimed that all GTOs were built on the V8 line, and, two separate GTO owner's testimony proves you wrong.

Third, you claim 47649 was owned by one person for 20 years, yet, the published documents and archived history of the car proves you wrong.

You are establishing a record of disseminating erroneous information, please forgive us for our well-intentioned skepticism.

I think you use timeframes very loosely and apply them as facts a bit too liberally.

There is, some of it within this thread.

Meanwhile, a little advice to those liking the non-factual posts, just chill, read all the posts, then decide what is really relevant.

m5shiv likes this.
  5. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    joe sackey likes this.
  6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thank you for taking the time to do this Marcel.

m5shiv and of2worlds like this.
  7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  8. Acacg

Acacg Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2013
    Dallas Texas
    I think I've seen these pics here before but many others have been reposted. I don't see the big deal :D. Great stuff!
    This is the 44725 SWB? The 1st of the prototypes?

9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Most probably yes. But I have no final proof.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds and Acacg like this.
  10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    These particular images have not been posted in this thread before, although others of this car with test-plates MO.1247 have been posted

bernardo66 and Acacg like this.
  11. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Yes, also my photos which I did on the 18th July 1983 in Fiorano, as in post #12122.
    On the same day I also chased and photographed a Testarossa prototype.

Marcel Massini

12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Dear Marcel, you just posted a public ACI documents: everyone here can get it by paying a fee to the ACI, the Italian Motor Department, just by giving them the Italian plate number. You don't need to be the owner or anyone to have them

I answer here to you and to Joe: this documenst doesn't registrate any property change before the car registration. Do IT DOESN'T SHOW the date Motor got the car from Ferrari, as the car hadn't an official plate but just a test plate (as shown in the pictures). So: you don't know when they got the car from the Factory, otherwise you had written here...

Then, you wrote that in 1990 there was a sale for this car: NO SALE IN 1990. They got it "in 1988-1989", one or two years before.

Then in 1990 the owner becomes Privata Leasing that is a leasing company: probably they sold it to the leasing company to make some cash and then they kept the car availability by paying a rent. Do you have different info or you just read that public ACI document that everyone can have? You have 7500 public documents.

Count Tommaso Antolini- Ossi, fomer Ferrari Motor (Dealership) and Motor Service (assistance) owner (passed), was an Enzo Ferrari personal friend and Co owner of SaMoCar dealership in Rome with Malagò, and he had many societies. Maybe he just transferred it to Others. In any case he got the car for AT LEAST eleven or twelve years: no sale in 1990.

You (and Joe Sackey) miss an important part of that car history that is from 1988/1989 to the registration date: I don't want to tell you it for free, go and find it by yourself, as you already have "7500 ACI documents" and they are enough

Sure that I won't buy 7500 ACI documents…

ciao

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    And that says it all.

Meanwhile, are you still asserting that "the man that got it from Ferrari kept it for almost 20 years" ?

14. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Albert-LP:

Count Tommaso Antolini-Ossi is certainly well known and yes, for some time he was one of the partners of Vincenzo Malagò (Rome). Later SaMoCar.
    Antolini-Ossi was a financier and automobile dealer and naturally over the years had a large number of Ferraris including at least one 250 GT Lusso (which he hillclimbed), five 330 GTC's (chassis numbers 11171, 11251, 11313, 11415 and 11543), and two 365 GT 2+2's (11499 and 11895).

As suggested before how about posting the factory invoice, factory delivery note or sales contract for 47649?
    We all know what a dealer plate or a test plate is, it means nothing regarding actual ownership. Every garage employee can drive a car with a test plate. Nothing new here.

As for leasing companies, I think, everybody here on fchat knows and understands what that is and legally it was the bank that owned the car.

Marcel Massini

m5shiv likes this.
  15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Meanwhile, how about a bit of prosciutto during this 288 GTO debate?
    53293 in about 1991.
    (Maybe a repost? In any case, NOT my photo.)

Marcel Massini

m5shiv, Tenney, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Joe and Marcel: you are a fantastic pair of two.

One (Joe) tried to teach a 288 GTO production line manager where the 288 GTO was produced, based on "two that visited Ferrari in 1985". More or lesse the same, isn't it?

The other (Marcel) says that the Motor partner (one of the firm co-owner) doesn't know what happened to his car (he was a partner at that time, a co-owner of the firm and drove the car tons of times).

He was very polite and told me he story of the car since when he got it from Ferrari and then sold it to Pierangelo Masselli (a business man from Reggio Emilia, that probably got the car through Privata Leasing finacial services, who cares of this) "that almost immediatley sold it". His words were "We got the car for almost twenty years": maybe they were "just" twelve, but they were a lot. Words of the owner. But you have an ACI public papers…

I think that if Enzo Ferrari were still alive, you both could try to explain him "no, we have an ACI document that says you are wrong and a friend of mine visited the factory 30+ years ago and he told me that you are wrong…"

All this is ridiculous, let me say this.

Of course I don't want any money from anyone: but I don't want to share other info about this car with you two, as (in my opinion) you don't deserve to learn it. You both are out, at my eyes.

For ALL the other members that had put a "like" to my posts in this thread up tonow, please feel free to PM me and I will tell you what I know about the 47649, for free of course, that is what the first owner partner told me and that he kept for AT LEAST eleven or twelve years and are not based on public Italian Motor Department (ACI) documents.

ciao

17. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Albert-LP:
    Please tell me where and when I (Marcel) said "that the Motor partner doesn't know what happened"???

Thanks.
    Marcel Massini

18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I'm sorry, I don't want to answer anymore to you or Joe: I write here for pleasure and not to fight with anyone, nor you nor Joe. Share info should be a pleasure: This doesn't happen anymore with you and Joe, so I prefer to avoid any further discussion.

ciao

19. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Sharing information?
    What have YOU shared so far, Alberto? Any proper proof or documents re 47649? Zero.
    Assertions, assertions, assertions.
    But zero facts and no proof for anything.
    Accusations and false statements and as soon as I ask you for exact details (see post #12132) you try to circumvent and walk away.

Oh well.
    Please enjoy a wonderful day.

Marcel Massini

20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    m5shiv and of2worlds like this.
  21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    The part visible on the rear axle (I suppose that's the Gearbox + Differential assembly) should be painted in black.

22. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    That picture just tickles me each time I see it.
    Hopefully that garage is not too hot, as it will spoil the meat.

EDIT: I just realized that those meats might be capicolli.

23. greg288

greg288 Karting

May 28, 2007
    Loving Marcel's shots from the summer of '83!!
    Chasing down early prototypes trying to sneak out of the factory sounds like great fun and good sport!
    I love seeing the early attempts at changing features on the coachwork.

Acacg likes this.
  24. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    I simply don’t understand why you’re comporting yourself with such a childish attitude here.

Your tone is filled with anger and arrogance.

Why are you so utterly dismissive of Joe and Marcel’s contributions regarding 47649?

It’s as if you have some sort of vendetta against them.

Not a good look at all.

25. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #12250 Marcel Massini, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Those were the great days! I first went to Modena and Maranello in 1974 and since that time have been there hundreds of times.
    Back in 1983 Ristorante Cavallino in Maranello did not yet have a wall around the garden area but there was a lovely open garden with trees, a few tables and chairs and one could just sit in the shade, have a drink and watch/observe the brick walled factory entrance across the street until a Ferrari exited. I then usually jumped in my car which was parked right next to my table and followed the prototype while taking photos. Sometimes the prototypes drove towards the Fiorano test track but also quite often into the nearby Abetone mountains. In those years I did not have a Ferrari as a chase car……… but it was always fun.
    Wonderful memories.

Marcel Massini

joe sackey, Ferrari27, Tenney and 2 others like this.