Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 84 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think Stroll keeps on just to anoy his critics. LOL

2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Either Force India driver would destroy him. Ocon is destined for bigger things.

jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Their billions to waste, I guess...just he's making a joke out of himself.
    Oh yes, easily....and Ocon is a great driver. I actually want to see either FI driver vs Stroll, if it wasn't for the fact that one of them has to lose his job because of it...

4. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I hope Sirotkin, mind you still a rookie and with Russian money, ends up outperforming the Stroller for the remainder of the year.

Bas and 375+ like this.
  5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    According to Andrew Benson at the BBC, Ocon is going to Renault to replace Sainz with Sainz going to McLaren (either to replace Alonso if he retires or to replace Vandoorne).

jgonzalesm6, 375+ and Bas like this.
  6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A good fit. Sainz I can see at Mclaren. Long term contract and rebuild that team....They have no business employing Alonso at the moment IMO. They can't produce a car fit for his talents and he seems unable to develop the car into one. Sainz is cheap and quick. No brainer.

Ocon at Renault is great, French driver French team, and he absolutely deserves a place in F1, Perez does also, so he can keep is pink seat.

7. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    So what now happens to Williams? Martini will be gone as a sponsor next year and now it looks like papa Stroll is taking his money to Force India, where is Williams going to find the budget to keep going, it won’t be from the from their constructors standings, the are on target to finish dead last. They have had the best PU for the past 4 years, there really is no excuse for how bad they have become.

375+ likes this.
  8. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    This had been rumored.

If there is a silver lining, perhaps Robert Kubica gets another full time ride at Williams, assuming Williams survives.

Ocon may be faster than Perez, but "Checo" brings a hefty amount of Mexican money to the team. They would be wise to keep him. Or, the flipside, could Williams finds a way to get Perez and his muy grande pesos? Lo es mio . . .

I guarantee you the cars won't be pink next year.

375+ likes this.
  9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Williams need a new partner like Aston Martin or Porsche to come, supply new engines and pay the bills.

10. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Lawrence will spend half a billion dollars before his ego comes to terms with the reality that his son will never be a front running F1 driver . He has the money to burn, might as well spend it on his kid

tifoso2728, jgonzalesm6 and Nuvolari like this.
  11. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Lawrence Stroll's ego and stubbornness is the stuff of legend. He will spend like crazy to try an achieve the best possible outcome for his son. Hard to fault him for looking out for his kid whether or not it is popular with the rest of the world.

Bas, william and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And I am sure that there are other families out there who spent much more in percentage of their wealth into the dreams of their kids or the dream they have for their kids....

jgonzalesm6 and Nuvolari like this.
  13. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    There are no shortage of stories about Lawrence Stroll's ego, he may be one of the biggest jerks i have ever met but he is a very shrewd businessman and no dummy . If all fails, he will figure out a way to benefit from his foray in F1 , money always gives you potential to make more money, especially if you have staying power

14. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Unlike some rich guys, Big Daddy Stroll doesn't just stuff his cash under his mattress. He's spending it and contributing to the economy, whether it be on the upper echelon of Ferrari car collecting or more or less saving the Williams team from demise.

It's all good.

william likes this.
  15. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Yes, but for every "Stroll" and "Ericsson", there will be a truly talented driver who won't get into or stay in F1.

LVP488 and Bas like this.
  16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Stroll to Force Stroll then, who makes way? I presume both, as either Perez or Ocon will absolutely destroy lance. Ocon likely at Renault I'd say, Perez takes Williams seat....Sainz to Mclaren? Or back to STR?

I'd be surprised if Team Stroll keeps either current FI kid. But that's what I want to see....lol

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly.

18. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    :D I don't want to brag, but if you guys remember some pages ago I guessed he would buy Force India based on my short coexistence with him.

If the info that he bought Force India is really true, he will probably appoint Luca Baldisserri as Force India team director.

19. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    If only it were that simple. Your theory assumes that a team like Williams could actually afford to pay a more talented driver. Apparently, that's not the case, is it?

Simon^2 and 375+ like this.
  20. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Williams had a lot of young talented non-paying drivers throughout its history, so no excuses. And it's not a newbie team either.

Every year the commercial team needs to hunt for sponsors, some which come by even after the season has started. However, if a pay driver arrives with $80M, they would simply not need to go an extra mile to complete the budget anymore.

21. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    History is great. However, that was then, this is now.

22. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I have no problem with that. In fact, I like rich amateurs in F1.
    F1 must be the only sport where you can buy yourself a place in the top echelon of the sport.
    You couldn't buy yourself a place to play in the Wimbledon tennis final, or a place in a team competing in the World Football Final, but you can in F1.
    I like that. Of course Stroll won't have a long career in F1, nor much success, but he got there, and it's all that matters!

Nuvolari likes this.
  23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    It's called "Redistribution of Wealth".

william likes this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    To some extent ,but you do need to display some degree of talent ,including results, to get a Super Licence. That bit is not as easy as some may think.

If Stroll F1 can keep going, especially with a more level playing field coming soon, who knows where they might end up.

william likes this.