Selling F430 -questions for those who purchased or sold | FerrariChat

Selling F430 -questions for those who purchased or sold

Discussion in '360/430' started by viperf430, Jul 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. viperf430

viperf430 Rookie

Feb 12, 2015
    Orlando FL
    After 3 1/2 years of trouble free ownership I am going to trade up for a Mclaren 570s. ( still contemplating a 458 but thats a different debate) Questions for those who recently sold or purchased an exotic. Where did you look for or place your ad during the buying and selling process? Anyone have experience with putting their car on contingency? What was the percentage the dealer charged? (Ferrari Central Florida said 7% I believe)
    I put my car on autotrader for $99K. It seemed like a fair price for a Black 2005 F430 F1, 21Kmiles (carbon fiber race seats and ceramic brakes) Does this seem like a reasonable price?
    Any other ideas, suggestions, or experiences in the selling process would be greatly appreciated.

2. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Why not trade it unless you are live in a tax free state?

3. viperf430

viperf430 Rookie

Feb 12, 2015
    Orlando FL
    The trade in offers from the Ferrari dealer and the Mclaren dealer were very low. I would like to find the buyer and then sell it through the dealer. I would get the tax exemption and wouldn't have to pay the contingency fee. ( Although the Ferrari dealer would charge a dealer fee to do this) Plus it would give the buyer and seller a piece of mind about the transaction.

4. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Yes, a pass through. Forgot about that and have done a couple of times.

5. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Sylvan Lake Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    I used DuPont Registries and Car Gurus a lot during my search for a F430 Spider. I set up search parameters and they sent me emails with what is in the market within my parameters.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    I think that price is in the range for the year/miles - best of luck,
    6speedonline seems to get a lot of traffic. I have bought and sold several cars there.
    Whenever you advertise it, make sure you make it clear that you will be doing the "in and out" with a dealer. I know I had a bad experience with someone trying to sell a vehicle and they never disclosed this, until I went to pick up the car. I walked away.

7. viperf430

viperf430 Rookie

Feb 12, 2015
    Orlando FL

Just curious, what was the issue of buying through the dealership? I was thinking it would be a better way to go through the process as the dealer handles all the paperwork and financial transactions protecting both the buyer and seller. I have not sold a car this way before. Am I missing something?

8. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I use cargurus quite often. That is where I found my 2006.

9. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    Ditto used Cargurus often but checked the dealers also before I found my 2008 430 Spider at a local Exotic dealer.

10. tatry68

tatry68 Karting

Oct 27, 2013
    Chicago Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Where I live in Illinois, a private party sale, the buyer pays a flat 1500.00 in sales tax if the car is worth above 15,000. If bought through a dealer, buyer pays 9.75% sales tax from the purchase price. So yea, pretty big difference on a 100k dollar car.

11. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    When I was looking, I checked all sites; Cargurus, Auto trader, eBay, local independent dealers.
    I think your car is on par, Yours also has CCB which was a option in '05.
    seems like the F430 are all selling for like 100k. The F430 in my opinion is about the best supercar under 100k!

12. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Aututrader.com and .ca.... EBAY.... a bunch of Ferrari dealers, google searches.... etc that is where I looked.

13. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Checkout Bringatrailer.com. Only $99 to place an auction listing. A yellow 360 sold for $110k today

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

14. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    Exactly - this could be thousands of dollars in difference, and some dealers can charge $ 1,000 - 1,500 in "fees" to each party to do this.

The issue I had was, the dealership. I had heard nothing but negative things from that specific dealership and would have not bought anything from them, regardless. The fact the owner did not disclose this from the beginning, and claimed it was an after thought, simply made me more aware about other things he may have not been open about.