F430 Convertible Top repalcement | FerrariChat

F430 Convertible Top repalcement

Discussion in '360/430' started by aleary360, Jul 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    Anybody replaced a Convertible Top before? As we know 360/430 convertible top is a know problem (hole / headliner). My 430 have holes and I tried repairing it myself (black powder/glue you name it). That said I'm done with with and it just doesn't look good anymore. No way out of it but to buy a new Top. ($2000 and another $1000 installation)

I've called a few local convertible company and they do carry top for my car. Just nervous that it might not be fit and or installation issue.
    I know go thru the Stealer I mean Dealer. Sure if I have $12k

Thanks for your time

2. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    I am getting ready to replace mine on a 360. Think I am going to go with Topsonline. Price is good and good reviews.

3. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    Thanks Mel. Who's doing the installation for you and how much?

4. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    Stiches in Houston, Tx is installing it for $900. Let me know who you purchase you top from and how you liked it, if you will. Sincerely, Mel

5. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    There's been a few threads on this issue and I think you read them already.

There's a seller on eBay that lists the capote roof top for sale, and to contact them for installation.
    You are lucky as I believe they are located somewhere in California.
    I havent seen a posts though on a member that has had theirs replaced by someone.

And yes, the dealer wants minimum of $12K. Ridiculous.

Dan

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    See if you can get the dealer's service advisor to tell you whom they use for convertible tops ... they usually have an upholstery shop nearby that will deal with things like sagging headliners, convertible top adjustments, seat repairs etc. Chances are they are just outsourcing it anyway and charging you for the privilege. I went through this on a Porsche 993 awhile back, it was crazy money to have the dealer do it, so I had my girlfriend call and say hers just had a small tear and if they knew anyone would could do a quick and dirty patch job, they told her "oh, we send all our convertible tops to XXXX" and I saved a bunch of money.

7. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    This is true.... Ferrari of Scottsdale send all their stuff to my friends shop...

8. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Search your local Yelp for convertible. top replacements, includes reviews.....

9. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    Thanks guys! This helps