Just replaced coil packs on 360 | FerrariChat

Just replaced coil packs on 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by thehick, Jul 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thehick

thehick Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    VA
    I just replaced the coil packs on the 360 today. Man what a difference! Seems smoother, no pops on downshift, just all around better. I picked them up from powersparks on ebay from the UK for ~$50 each. Genuine Bosch. Others on this forum have used them before.

$50 on ebay vs $200+ here. No idea how the prices in the UK seem to be so much less.

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Did the same thing, waited for an eBay promo code sale and got a stellar deal on all 8. Insane difference. the Ferrari box adds 500% ;-)

3. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Got mine from UK: Green Spark Plug Co. $49.97 each. Got them in about 4 days. Car runs great. Replaced all 8.

4. nsx_2k

nsx_2k Rookie

Apr 7, 2009
    May I ask how you knew they needed to be replaced?

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Misfires, rust forming, rough idle, etc.

6. Ninzi

Ninzi Karting

Jan 11, 2018
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Robert O'Malley
    Is it a DIY job?

7. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Yup. Just unplug the pigtail to the old one, remove, install new, reinstall plug, finito. There has to be a cross reference for these btw....

These COPs are just not advertised enough as being service items to be changed when plugs are changed IMO. They're not like old epoxy or oil filled heavy coils, new tech, new service. So many running on old ones, you don't notice until you swap to new ones.

8. Ninzi

Ninzi Karting

Jan 11, 2018
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Robert O'Malley
    Yes my Indy shop says I’m on the originals and they need to be changed. I looked into the UK SITES. Unbelievable $389 for all 8 with shipping to the US. So I shall order soon.
    Thanks

9. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Get 8 new coil gaskets, cheap from Ricambi. I changed out mine, since it was in for a major, no extra cost to have them change the coils. Got mine from Green Spark plug, UK.
    Smoother idle, and did have a misfire code a while back that I cleared. No dramatic difference with new plugs/coils, but at the cost and already there....and keeping car long term...

10. Ninzi

Ninzi Karting

Jan 11, 2018
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Robert O'Malley
    Bert is the coil gasket separate from the coil?
    I’m under the assumption that it’s just the coil that I need? Do I need to order gaskets as well? If so do you have a part #?
    Thanks

11. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    167135, actually called a spark plug gasket. U could likely reuse old ones, but at $4 apiece and new coils, splurged.....