Collector grade Challenge Stradale soon to be on the market. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Collector grade Challenge Stradale soon to be on the market.

Discussion in '360/430' started by rzundel, Jul 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    There's your "comp" right there... ask $360K. That's what I'd do. I'd sell it right here on FChat. I'd only consign it if the dealer guaranteed a higher number because of their "representation" and making financing available etc.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U have a better shot at selling it urself through fchat than dealers.
    They will take at least. 10%.
    I sold my tr easily here at a good enough price to someone who actually loves cars...dealers will try to make a good profit on it which is fair but for that type of car there are only a few ppl who can and want to pay that kind of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

You will need to subscribe to list the car for sale here. So far this thread has been a "what if" exercise, if it becomes a "my car is for sale" thread, it's a TOU violation.

Car's a beauty, BTW, I often regret passing on a CS at about $150K some years ago.

D

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Totally understand. I do plan to renew and will do so if I list the car. Right now educating myself on the “what if”. I have a lot of decisions to make and the input has been helpful. We all have regrets on the car we let go! 5-10 years from now $300k will be a regret.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    A couple extra for sale around that price.
    I guess 275-300 is a good price for yours.
    How much was the option to add stripes out of the factory?
    Obviously wouldnt mess adding aftermarket on a collector like this one but that could be interesting!

6. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    Factory tricolore stripe was an approximately $5500 option.
    And according to the registry, approximately 18% of all CS purchased that option.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Not cheap! I must admit i personally, like on the 430, like the option. Not for rarity sake but looks i think... just me of course.

8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    This has always been my thought. It's such a special car... but it's a driver's car and without the experiences I have had with mine on race tracks and mountain roads, vacations and shows...... I could have bought a model.

I just got a Mclaren and it is far superior in almost every way to the CS, but there is just something special about the CS and the driving experience it delivers. I've just put a new clutch, plugs, t-belts, acc belts, fluids, etc, and the thought crossed my mind about selling it, but I think the CS is seriously special and I'm fortunate that I am able to keep it. Now, I just need a lift!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69 and 360trev like this.
  9. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    . Love the color! And congrats on the McLaren! You can use my lift! :)

10. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    So glad you kept the CS Dino. Remember the CS is only going UP in value. Anything modern like a McLaren (F1 and special series models excluded) is only going to go the other way.

11. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I let the F40 slip away back in the '90s. As long as it remains possible, I'm not making the same mistake with the CS. It truly is F40 special!

12. Natkingcolebasket69

U guys make me want to get one!
    I was inclined to replace my testarossa with a 512tr or scuderia but this interesting...
    I guess my only issue with the 360 is to me its headlight which i dont like that much.

13. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

14. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
  15. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    lol!!! Now that’s taking ownership in your purchase!!

Hey Dino, I’ve seen you post on Maclife. Congrats on the 570. I’ve been back and forth between Scuds and 650S’s since I sold my first CS back in ‘13. Never letting this one go unless i’m in dire DIRE straights. The Macs are fast as all hell but too civilized. If I have a “special” car, I want it to feel special. Not the same as when I drive my cowboy Cadillac.

16. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I was hoping that Stokpro would weigh in. Is he still frequenting the forum?

17. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Only rarely...try PM...

18. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
  19. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Tell me it ain't so! I think you should keep her. If you do sell, I'm thinking low $260-295k and hold out for the right buyer.

20. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Great to hear from you. You were my prime influencer/advisor almost 8 years ago. Thank you. I’ve had a great run with the car with my primary enjoyment coming from preserving it. It will be hard to find a cleaner more well preserved example. I would only sell to an owner who appreciates this. I just didn’t know what the current market would support. Therefore the thread. Lots of great input but as you see a wide spread of recommendations. ($260-$360k) I guess the right price is what the right buyer is willing to pay for it. I still need to convince myself it’s time. I truly do appreciate all the input. I love this community. Stay tuned.

21. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Great example. Looking forward to see what you decide. Looks phenomenal without the stripe. Perfect spec