911 SC & 928 | FerrariChat

911 SC & 928

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by 275GTBSaran, Jul 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 275GTBSaran

275GTBSaran Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    These two Porsche played a big role in my life growing up. What cars influenced you when you were young?
    I thought this article would interest you even if not all cars I mention are Porsche.

https://le-monde-edmond.com/7-young-timers/

best Edmond

davemqv likes this.
  2. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

A quality article Edmond. Thankyou for sharing.

Mine were;
    BB512i - first Ferrari I rode in aged 12
    Alfa Sud - first car I bought
    Ferrari 365 Daytona Spyder - my neighbour had one
    Renault 5 Turbo - Bond movie and my first Renault purchase
    Porsche 928 - Scarface
    308 - first Ferrari I bought
    Metro 6R4 - used to spectate at Group B races and the 6R4 had the most character by far

275GTBSaran and davemqv like this.
  3. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hi Edmond! Nice to see you on a non-wrist related forum as well. ;)

I also loved every car on your list. Of them, my Dad owned a few XJS's over the years, and also a 928. The Silver Shadow is also a huge car for me...I've always thought they epitomized elegant luxury, and I'd still like to get one some day. I also love that you included the Biturbo!

We're the same age and I agree with all of your choices. My list would also include -

1) Ferrari 308 GTB/GTS. First Ferrari I fell in love with.
    2) Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spider. Dad's friend had one. Black and tan just like Miami Vice! I would have killed for that thing.
    3) Ferrari Testarossa. Crazy design that blew me away. In black it looked like Darth Vader's car.
    4) Ferrari 512 BBi. (sensing a pattern? haha) Still the meanest and most intimidating looking car Maranello ever made, IMO.
    5) Aston Martin V8 coupe. Essentially the late 60's DBS design carried forward. Always loved these.
    6) Mercedes W123 wagon. Lots of the "hot mom's" I grew up with drove these, and I still think they're very cool looking cars.

All best,
    D

4. 275GTBSaran

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    True! I forgot 928 was in Scarface. Thank you for reminding me. Also thank you for sharing

5. 275GTBSaran

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    So we are the same age huh? That makes a big difference in thinking alike. Yes Testarossa was a close one I could have put on the list too. I just simply didnt see so many in Zurich here. Thank you for sharing and nice to see you here too ;)