Indicator light housing | FerrariChat

Indicator light housing

Discussion in '206/246' started by need4speed, Jul 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    It's been awhile since I've logged in here on a normal computer and the new layout of the site has me baffled as to how to do a search. So forgive me for posting something that might have been posted before. I'm curious how the front indicator light housings are attached to the body. I found a couple of pics online and couldn't figure it out.

hhhhmmmmm...

Now I can't seem to find how to attach pics.

In the following link, there are a couple of pics that show the nose of the car around the indicator area. One has the housing still in the car. The other has the housing removed. With the housing removed, it looks like it's just an opening with very thin tabs around the edges. How does the housing secure into this opening?

http://www.barkaways.com/cars/view/ferrari_dino_246_gt_1972

Thanks in advance,

Manny

2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Top left of the forum you will see three horizontal bars next to Ferrari chat, click on it, a menu will appear, select forum and click on the small arrow on the right.
    You will see the search function.
    Its held in with a u shaped bracket that fits into those tabs whilst being bolted to the indicator housing, tightening the nut pushes against the body. The really difficult bit is fitting the water seal and getting the whole thing in place correctly, on your own its a nightmare, you need two of you.
    Tony

3. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Thank you Tony. I just found out the ones on my car are glued in place. :(

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

4. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
  5. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Thank you for the link Tony

6. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I posted this solution to the search function in another thread a while back. You can make F Chat look like the old website by going to the bottom left of the screen and clicking on the left corner of the footer bar and you should see the style chooser option appear. If you select the Old option you will get a page view resembling the original site which has a much better/easier to find search bar at the top right of the page in the toolbar.

7. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Thank you very much

sturrisi likes this.