3500 Vignale Spyder | FerrariChat

3500 Vignale Spyder

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Marcelle, Jul 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcelle

Marcelle Rookie

Jul 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marcel Willemse
    I'am currently working on a Maserati Vignale Spyder 1962,and was wondering myself about a few things.
    Mayby someone here could help me out with it ?

In the suspension parts and drive train im finding different styles of threads on the bolds and nuts (metric and uk or us threads), is that supposed to be like that ? Is there maybe a reason for,or is it just happend like that during construction of that car ?

What is it about the finish of the bolts and nuts of the suspension and drive train , is it supposed to be black finish or just galvanized/sink yellow or white
    About that ,underneath the hood im finding different finishing of the bolts and nuts .
    Is there some logic about that , does someone know which bolts and nuts have to look like (black or galvanized) ?

Could someone also help me out with the brake callipers,about how they supposed to look like .
    Is it white or yellow galvanized/sink ?
    Ive heard that they supposed to look like some dark grey color ? If thats true do you know what color that is ?

It would be great to get some help here with these questions

Thanks

2. 5000gt

5000gt Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    You'll find metric and standard size bolts on the suspension.
    The car used British control arms but the final machining was done in Italy.
    All nuts and washers should be of a black finish.
    All early calipers had a metal gray finish. Only the later calipers found on models from the late 70s and early 80s were yellow galvanized.
    See attached photos of early vs late calipers.

Attached Files:

3. Marcelle

Marcelle Rookie

Jul 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marcel Willemse
    Thanks for you're input :)

4. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
  5. Marcelle

Marcelle Rookie

Jul 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marcel Willemse
    Thank’s Portenos
    Didn’t saw this thread,like you Said a lot of info in that one.
    This one is very helpfull