Why I think the 360 is pretty much perfect... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why I think the 360 is pretty much perfect...

Discussion in '360/430' started by NexLevel, Aug 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Hehe Ferrari did me a huge favor by not making the 458 in manual so it doesn’t tempt me.

550nitis, G. Pepper, Dr.Gee and 3 others like this.
  2. Dano360NC

Dano360NC Karting

Aug 11, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Wow. You’re psychic. Similar list for me. If money is no object, I add a 599GTO.

The great thing about the 360 for me is how much better my garage looks with The Ferrari in it.

dang2407 likes this.
  3. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    OP - glad you are enjoying your car. While some may agree (mostly 360 owners), I think you will find it that, after a few months, that thrill will fade away. Technology is what it is - otherwise, Ferrari would be producing the 360 today. You don't have to justify your ownership - if you like the car for what it is, just enjoy it. As long as it puts a smile on your face, then you know it is the right car for you.

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    JMHO, I think a huge ingredient to the visceral joy of paddle shifting in a Ferrari is having shift LEDs ala the Formula 1 race cars. If the 360/CS had that I think it would be pretty perfect ;)

TAILWAG likes this.
  5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Some are missing the attraction of the 360 In gated form... it is not attached to the digital paddle shift tech curve like an iPhone.

It is a more simple raw mechanical thing. That exudes a passion due to the feelings we used to get from driving a car instead of just going for a technically assisted fast ride.

Think of:::; classic mechanical time pc vs digital Apple Watch. All imho

Caphill likes this.
  6. HJZ360

HJZ360 Karting

Nov 27, 2017
    Weslaco, Texas
    Full Name:
    Harold John Zurlo
    All of the above I can relate to. I have had Sophia since December, it's a great vehicle, she had 10k on odometer, red leather, perfect condition and Gregio Titanio, Tubi exhaust. After Corvettes for last 32 years, love it! Only an Italian can build such a machine.

7. NexLevel

NexLevel Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Greg Thomas
    Glad to see so many who share the same feeling as I do.

I feel like the those who disagree (wholeheartedly) took my post as me bashing F430s...that was not the intent. It was me merely loving what I have.

Got all of my CF pieces installed :) and waiting for my TCU upgrade in a couple more weeks!

8. velocegiallo

velocegiallo Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2017
    California
    Ditto

02360spider likes this.
  9. dang2407

dang2407 Karting

Apr 29, 2017
    SW France
    I don't agree with this. Newer is better for daily-drivers and commute-mobiles. If you want to enjoy motoring where you are involved in the driving, connected to the car and the road, stay with the slightly older stuff. The late-90s and early-2000s for me are the best compromise for this - enough power and sophistication, but an absence of nanny aids and cotton-wool de-sensitisation.

10. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee Karting

Mar 18, 2015
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Gee Monie
    360 much nicer curves than 430.back end-no contest.

458-spider top hides engine,f1 only- otherwise I’d own one.

11. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Great to hear you’re enjoying your car, what ever it is it’s a “Ferrari” so we all share that special magic that they ALL possess.
    However we all see beauty in different ways and want different talents from our cars, I skipped the 360, I had a 328 then went through the Porsche 911 Turbo phase until I purchased my 2008 F430 F1, really loved that car, but I still remember the first time I heard a 360 spider in Leeds city centre - wow that left an impression for the noise.

Now I have a 15 plate 458 spider, what a car! All the best bits of Ferrari ownership without the anxiety of owning the modern classic stuff, different but just as exciting.

It’s lovely to hear your excitement and happiness with your stead, we’ve all been here before, you’re thrill for the brand will endure but your desires and future wants will change, enjoy the journey my friend, I have, and celebrate the fact we all own one of the most historic, celebrated and respected car brands ever.

Forza Ferrari.

TAILWAG likes this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I would agree with you on some points.
    The sound to begin with is okay in a 360, a 458 is much much i mean much better.
    The shifting well..:eek:nce. You drive a 430/458 you can’t go back...
    The looks...well the 360’s front is not my cup of tea...but the back is;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAILWAG likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Night and day.

TAILWAG likes this.
  14. dvb247

dvb247 Karting

Nov 4, 2012
    Just don't get the 360, it's quite girly and well, weak, screams like a girl too!! the F355 and the F430, well now that's a testosterone filled car from top the bottom, front the back!!

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Hope ur wife is not on that forum lol

16. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    I think I'm safe lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  17. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I see a few categories of posts in this thread:

1. The I buy the highest up the f-car 'food chain' I can afford type.......
    2. The I bought my favorite model (regardless of price, food chain rhetoric)......
    3. and the camp who did not buy anything (yet).... but is f car curious.....
    4. and the accountant speculator.... buzzing around looking for that next car to pop........

I'm a #2..... with a hopeful #4.

which one are you?

18. dvb247

dvb247 Karting

Nov 4, 2012
    +1 with option 2 and 4, my latest purchase could of been a 488 or 458 spider but I chose the Scud, safe in the knowledge that they will all lose money and the Scud won't

19. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Tuff I have no clue where to place my self lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

20. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Personally, I could have bought a much more expensive car if I made different choices like sold the Porsche or burned more cash reserves on it, buf I don’t see why. I want MORE cars to enjoy and there are so many freaking amazing cars out there to be had for around 100k or below so I don’t see much of a point on blowing all the monies on one super pricy car instead of just building up the collection.

velocegiallo and one4torque like this.
  21. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    My first Ferrari was a gated 360 Spider (regret selling it), my 2nd one was a 458 Italia (regret selling it), my 3rd was a gated 360 Spider (regret selling it), my 4th is a 550 Maranello (will regret selling it I’m sure) and 5th back to a gated 360 Spider ( hopefully will keep it for awhile because I know I’ll regret selling it). The point is every Ferrari is special in its own way. I’m starting to think I have an affinity for the gated 360 :), but I’m always planning ahead for the next “great” experience. It’s not over yet.

Dewinator and one4torque like this.
  22. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Graz—- the spice of life!

Graz likes this.
  23. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    And then there is me, I just buy stuff, lots of stuff. Yes cars are stuff to me (I bought a California T last week car # 459), they have no soul, they are machines, some better than others, all can be improved from straight out of the box. I have only a slightest bit of emotion (I was born this way) so I see cars like any machine or thing, but I like watching and reading how intense ownership (and the dream of ownership) can be for some, and I never judge. I don't understand the girly car thing, I would say when you disable or turn off your traction controls on all your sports cars and never turn them back on, then come and tell me about girly cars, but I wont (that would not be nice), since I try to be nice. I try to say nothing rather than something that might insult someone. I think it is a good way to be. I think the 4C is a better drivers car than the 360 (and maybe the 430 too), but I have come to understand I see cars much differently than most and I like the fact that some cars have less for me to change because they have less to begin with.

24. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'm not gay, so I like my cars to be feminine. :)

Just kidding. The F430 does look "mas macho" but that was also the point where Ferrari lost me with the manatino and all those adjustments. The 360 is a cleaner design.

A stick 360 is the perfect balance of modern and raw for me. Won't ever sell mine.

My 1st, hessank, Graz and 1 other person like this.
  25. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    +1

However, I feel that if I had a stick 430 I would most likely feel the same.

G. Pepper likes this.