1 OF 11 - Completed - Rosso Mugello 488 Novitec N-Largo by TAG Motorsports | FerrariChat

1 OF 11 - Completed - Rosso Mugello 488 Novitec N-Largo by TAG Motorsports

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by TAGMotorsports, Mar 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TAGMotorsports

TAGMotorsports Formula Junior
    Sponsor

#1 TAGMotorsports, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sooo…… this is it…. The moment we have been waiting for. For those of you who are not familiar with what a Novitec N-Largo vehicle really is - it is a complete conversion to a vehicle reusing the best parts of a factory part and improving upon them and taking the car to the 11th degree - from both performance and aesthetics. We mention performance because there is a performance aspect in the design and creation of these wind tunnel tested aero package. It truly is a complete conversion. The front bumper, front fenders, rear bumper, side skirts, and rear fenders are constructed out of carbon fiber. Another cool aspect of the N-Largo program is the kit is wind tunnel tested for functionality to compliment the beautiful form. The gills were designed into the front fenders to help with additional brake cooling and at 209 centimeters wide, the N-LARGO 488 is exactly 14 centimeters (5.5 inches) wider than the factory car.

There are only 11 Coupe and 11 Spider N-Largo Packages to be produced for the world. So it’s pretty rare. Then on top of that, only 2 Coupes and 2 Spider Packages are coming to the United States. And we are fortunate to get allocated the coupe kit for our client’s vehicle but yet have and another spider kit inbound (which might still be available for sale.)

The car is a 2017 488 Coupe finished with all the right features right off the gate. Finished in the beautiful Rosso Mugello paint with factory black painted roof, Nero interior with Daytona Seats and Bordeaux stitching. Has all the carbon inside the vehicle that you would want and no factory exterior (since we would be replacing the majority of it anyway).

This project involves a high level of custom work due to the rear fenders, but we were up for the task. We are no stranger to this caliber of work having previously done some one-off OEM widebody conversions that take time and precision to execute.

Once we unloaded the two large pallets of parts, it was time to prepare the car for a complete make-over of all make-overs. We started with careful disassembly and test fitment of all the parts, one by one taking careful notes, and measurements as we go along to double and triple check immaculate fitment.

We also took advantage of the 488 being disassembled and installed the Novitec exhaust system with integrated flaps, and Cat Replacement Pipes for the complete Stage 2 Engine Package with the Novitec N-Tronice Power Upgrade bringing the car up to 772HP. Paired with the Novitec Switchtronic the car not only has an amazingly aggressive sound, that sound can also be controlled by our client from inside the cabin. Next, the sport spring kit was installed to increase the handling abilities, and give the perfect ride height for the widebody and new wheels to be installed.

As you can see below in the mod list, along with the N-Largo conversion pieces, the rest of the Novitec catalog for the 488 was installed. From the styling side with the Novitec Carbon Fiber Diffusers, Fog Light Cover, Mirror Covers, Vent Covers, and more. It’s all there.

The body parts fit snug and as good as OEM which is very surprising in this industry since we never see that in aftermarket world…. Once the parts were properly fitted on and double checked for fitment, it was taken over to our body shop for all the pieces to be painted, and the matched to the Ferrari, and well as the body with the new panels. The car was repainted in the same Rosso Mugello hue it was ordered in.

Once we got the vehicle back, paint curing, it was time to install the custom wheels made to fit the 488’s new body. Novitec's NF6 NL was installed in 21x9 and 22x12 fitments. Finished in satin black faces with gloss black outer lips for contrast and wrapped in Pirelli Pzero Tires. Then adding the Novitec Titanium Lug Nuts and OEM Carbon Fiber Centercaps, the end result is just STUNNING!

Mod List

2016 Ferrari 488 Novitec N-Largo

1 of 11

-N-Largo Conversion Consisting Of:

front bumper, rear bumper, rear bumper inserts, front fenders left and right, rear side parts left and right, inner-fenders front and rear, set of side panels all body-parts made by Carbon fiber, primed.

-Front Strut Fins & Inserts in rear bumper in Visible Carbon

-N-Largo Rear Wing

-Carbon Taillight Covers

-Carbon Air-Guide Side Wall N-Largo (side air intakes)

-Carbon Rear Air Outlet Set

-Carbon Covers for Mirrors

-Carbon Cover for Fog Light (must specify with or without camera)

-Carbon Diffusor

-Carbon Diffusor Fins

-Carbon Cover For Rear Diffusor Opening (3-Part Flaps)

-Carbon Triangle Cover for Side Window

-Novitec Powerkit Stage 2 Including 772HP

-Novitec N-Tronic ECU Upgrade

-Novitec Exhaust System with Flap Integration

-Novitec Cat Replacement Pipes

-Novitec Exhaust Tips (in black)

-Novitec Techtronic

-Novitec Switchtronic (valve control unit for exhaust)

-Novitec 21x9 & 22x12 NF6 NL in Black

-Novitec Titanium Lug Nuts

-255/30/21 & 335/25/22 Pirelli PZero Tires

-Novitec Sport Spring Kit

-Novitec Side Indicator Set

-Novitec 3rd Brake Ligt LED

-Novitec Reflectors (Rear)

-Painting & Installation of Novitec Aerokit

-Custom Skid Plate under the front bumper

If you have any questions feel free to contact us HERE

Shadowfax, Sir_Ferrari and Boomhauer like this.
  2. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Different

3. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    love the additions... beautiful car..

4. Carlos@TAG

Carlos@TAG Karting

Apr 12, 2017
    Thank you! This is car is something you absolutely have to see in person!

5. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    I am not feeling it. The back looks like a corvette. It lost its trim fitted body for a heavy body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lukeb817 likes this.
  6. SH488

SH488 Karting

Nov 11, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Sam H
    It's definitely different, I'm neutral on it!

7. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Different indeed - I'll take a Pista though

8. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    It is different - in person it really is stunning because the lines are aggressive but are not so much that the car jumps out at you like "WHOA LOOK AT THE WIDEBODY KIT" like some of those liberty walk kits are. This is more of a complete conversion....

We're looking forward to doing a spider :)

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Not to my liking.
    I dare say having a OEM kit like the other post transforming the outside from a regular 458 to a Speciale would have a LOT of sales

10. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    Yeah that is something that might need to be looked at! :)

11. speedy pete

speedy pete Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    darkside of the moon
    Full Name:
    Pete B
    cool looking

12. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    looks great and i'm sure if this was official by ferrari people would welcome it and love it in the same sense they did with the F12 TDF

13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Sorry guys not my cup of tea. Given the amount of money this would cost over the price of first getting the 488 GTB, my opinion ild rather use that money and bribe the Ferrari dealer with it and get a PISTA....

Im old enough now and have tricked up my fare share of cars in the past. Look great to me and many others but when it was time to move on I always realised "why did I do it , I just lost even more "