458 Speciale | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 Speciale

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ianah1975, Jul 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Ian, I don't know if you are a troll or not, but the images you posted were taken at the official Moscow Ferrari dealer at Barvikha Luxury Village. They have no car of that description for sale and a 458 in Russia, with all the import taxes, even at today's exchange rate, is about five times the price you quote and I don't see a Ferrari dealership presenting a random person with a 80% discount for fun. There are a lot of photos of Ferraris on the Internet and your friend has probably paid $8k for one, if he exists. Save him more embarrassment. His deal is as real as the chance of Putin dancing the can-can in a tutu at the next Rio carnival.

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  2. ianah1975

ianah1975 Rookie

Jan 10, 2016
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Ian Hunter
    I know the car is not at the dealership. I checked. I actually tried to delete this thread. As I said in a previous post, I received a lot of information on here that i can pass on to my friend to help him realize that he is being scammed by this "friend." He is still hopeful that this is going to work out and I've done all I can, including being called a "troll" which is a first. Thank you to those that have tried to help.

3. joe5522

joe5522 Rookie

Oct 28, 2017
    If I was your friend, I would contact the police to see if they could help if the deal doesn’t work out.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ianah1975 likes this.
  4. Ninzi

Ninzi Karting

Jan 11, 2018
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Robert O'Malley
    Some how I think Ian is actually the friend and I hate to say this as well but this is the scam of the century. Tell your friend ( or if it’s you ) to cut your losses and due due diligence when looking to make an important business transaction.

5. old man

old man Karting

Jul 8, 2010
    On top of the scam, you also need EPA and DOT releases. In the 1980s, the grey market for German "German cars" went wild but getting the releases today are virtually impossible for a non-USA car.

6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Yeah but in defense of his buddy , the pictures really are nice.

darth550 likes this.
  7. Ninzi

Ninzi Karting

Jan 11, 2018
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Robert O'Malley
    Man that analogy made me laugh. It’s like looking at a Hollywood movie set of a great house and when your open the door it’s a vacant lot is what you get.

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Classic behavior of a Mark. He's not trying to convince you it's real, he's trying to convince himself......

...... and yeah, this looks and feels like classic FC trolling.

paulchua likes this.
  9. Papadelta

Papadelta Rookie

Nov 17, 2011
    SMA, Mexico
    Full Name:
    Peter Dunev
    RBen likes this.
  10. Ninzi

Ninzi Karting

Jan 11, 2018
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Robert O'Malley
    Poor Ian sorry for all the ribbing. Boys will be boys.

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    As the car is in Russia, perhaps there is ground here to remember your friend of this very old russian saying:

бесплатный сыр бывает только в мышеловке

(You will find cheese for free only inside a mouse trap). Russians folks themselves have issued the warning...

Rgds

ianah1975 and paulchua like this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Amazing quote. To the OP, sorry for your (I mean friend’s loss). It happens. Move on and take this as tuition to the University of Life.

ianah1975 likes this.