Looking for thoughts on this white '88 TR | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Looking for thoughts on this white '88 TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Parnelli, Apr 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    The black car had a lot of flaws, Dash, spoiler, and fellow fchatter who looked at it said it needed paint. I don't think that this was a true indicator on value movement!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Maybe but the tr market is as flat as it gets: nothing is selling... and certainly very rarely at 100k+...if u check auction results and so forth the numbers don’t really lie...doesnt meant they wont go wayyy up in a few years!
    There are exceptions like that blue serra 86 or time capsule red which both fecthed good value...but even that red one the guy lost 20% in one year or close to it. Market has corrected since the 2015 bubble...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    80s will need paint,and work poss major etc.95k will get a good drivers and if you want one all up to date,low mileage nothing really needed in excellent shape with luggage,covers,tools,records etc over 100k just my opinon ,the 80s say need paint,interior workmajor etc thats 30k now there at 110k

EZORED and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  4. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I agree, doing a 512tr now, trying to get the car up to a platinum standard: engine out, engine compartment refresh, new interior, fix all the little things that are broken, tires, paint correction, cost will be north of $35,000. Time seems to lay heavy on these cars, and if previous owners were not proactive, the little things at some point add up to a big ticket. Hopefully, I have a little more upside, the 512's seem to be worth more.

VColin and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes the 512 is a better car and worth more but the purchas premium these days is pretty high!

6. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I hope I bought mine right!!!!????????LOL

7. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Fwiw in June at the Greenwich Concours a ROUGH ‘88 with 30k miles sold for $93k and a B+ grade but all original one owner ‘86 with 36k miles sold for $120k. Both prices include buyers premium.

Prices still seem to be $85-$120k, covering the full range of cars. In my opinion.

8. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Sale price is a function of many things.
    Cars , and not just Testarossa’s of course, that do not have proof of extensive service records (HUGELY important on a 30-year-old car..... remember no warranty comes with a car that age), a clean Carfax, problem passing emissions, Original and consistent paint meter readings, non- stock parts on the car, too many “non - enthusiast “ owners, and cars that have sat for way too long will of course sell at the much lower end of the 80 to 120 price range .
    And this list does not even include the all-important “recent engine out service”.
    It is actually kind of silly to discuss the value of a car unless you FULLY know about each of these listed items .
    Frankly I have been shocked in my search at the number of TR’s that have had less than 500 miles put on them over the last 10 or 15 years! A major red flag in my own personal opinion.
    And finally, sometimes it just comes down to the fact that the car was owned by the “right person”. I have bought a few cars in the past that the right guy owned for an extended period time. Guys that could instantly provide phenomenal service records, are able toanswer any and every question you had passionately because they just loved to talk about their car as they were so very proud of it.

9. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I agree driven is much better than sitting! If the car is not driven the suspension bushings can be a nightmare!

10. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    there was the white one in la sold very fast and now another one in newport white on white

11. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Blk- I’m confused. Do you mean the guy who last week bought the white on white TR lives in Newport Beach. Or is there second white on white car that is for sale?

12. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Never mind, I found The Newport Beach car .
    Nice looking car but it has the wrong wheels and is too pricey for me.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Looks like Mr Wonder’s car did not make it to BAT? Maybe a change of heart.

14. mrwonder

mrwonder Rookie

Apr 14, 2012
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

16. Natkingcolebasket69

FYI Mr Wonder , Parnelli made a cash offer for your car if you are interested you may want to connect with him.

17. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    I sure did :)

18. mrwonder

mrwonder Rookie

Apr 14, 2012
    Car sold! To a Youtube Celebrity. We did a puchase video tht he will post shortly; he kept calling me Crockett o_O

OP: please close thread

19. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
  20. mrwonder

mrwonder Rookie

Apr 14, 2012
    OP can you close this thread as respect to the new owner please?

21. mrwonder

mrwonder Rookie

Apr 14, 2012
    OK, since Thread not closed I'll share the Purchase Video:

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Cool video.

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Turns out car has some issues...
    That being said hoovies criticize stuff like ignition and idle which are totaly normal for those cars. Just trying to get views

24. mrwonder

mrwonder Rookie

Apr 14, 2012
    The Thread that can never die...

I tried to be as transparent as I could, but was still surprised he didn't go for a PPI. Wizard thinks he's "done well" however (8:40 Mark); I should have asked for more...

xplodee likes this.