575M, SD2 Diagnosis | FerrariChat

575M, SD2 Diagnosis

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Dave rocks, Aug 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    So, when I got my SD2 I started this thread in the 355 section:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/learning-using-and-documenting-the-use-of-an-sd2-on-a-355.554993/

My local friend Bruce (GTS Bruce) has a 575M and a few weeks back I used the SD2 to set the type of tires he has in the TPMS. This setting sets the baseline tire pressure.

Made the proper selection and cleared the faults - the car has been fine since (for that issue).

Bruce called again recently with a suspension fault. Connected the SD2 to find the RH vertical acceleration sensor fault. Clear the fault, it came back. So, we know it's 1 of 3:

- Bad sensor
    - Bad ECU
    - Bad wiring

Last night I had intended to swap L and R to see if the problem moved. Well, probably an hour work of work. The sensor is not hard to get to but by the time cables are routed, etc, the time would add up. The parts not very expensive so I ordered a part for Bruce.

Without the SD2, this would be very hard to find.

These tools are very valuable, :) and expensive :D

Will update once resolved.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks for posting this Dave, will enjoy the education.
    Bill
    FL

3. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    My pleasure, Bill. I'm a blind man with this tool. Zero documentation out there so I'm learning as I go. I'm fortunate to be friends with a great factory tech down in Miami (Matt Burns) and he guides me when he can. I know other techs that help out too but Matt knows this stuff like the back of his hand.

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Dave,

There is zero information on how the 550 fuel cooling system works. In a nutshell freon from HVAC run through an heat exchanger kinda like the trans oil/coolant heat exchanger in the 360. Then there must be a temp sensor somewhere to open something like an orifice valve when the fuel gets hot. With the SD can you gleen any information of that system?

5. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Carl, if I have time when I work on Bruce's car next week, I will try to connect to every ECU and create screen shots of all pages. If I don't have time next week, I can do it over winter as Bruce lives a mile from my shop. He will supply the drinks :)

6. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Sounds good.

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    No fuel cooling on 575s, so nothing to check. Returnless system.

8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I had not notice Carl post "550". Sorry Carl, no 550's I know of in WNY.

9. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    yup I forgot about the 575 system change

10. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Dave ask Matt, he changed the TPMS on my 575 very recently and I havent had any issues at all. Call the guru. That 575 in the pic has the exact same spec as mine too from the seats thats awesome. Also FWIW not sure if your client cares but matt got me a bluetooth to work with the factory radio, its behind it and i can now play music from my iphone in the 575 which was a pretty sweet feature not available in 2002 haha. He can tell you about that too if the client cares for it, i love it for the long trips.

11. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    You might have missed it but I did ask Matt - the TPMS error was fixed weeks ago. We are now awaiting a new acceleration sensor to install which I expect tomorrow.

12. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    I check the radio etc at least once a year to see if it works. The music I prefer is windows down open pipes in the 575. My daily driver a tacoma pu truck has all that sat etc stuff to play with and listen to.

13. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Wednesday night I installed a new RH body vertical acceleration sensor in Bruce's car and cleared the fault with the SD2. He's going to clock some miles this weekend and report back if the issue is fixed.

His car sounds awesome - this video I made does not really do it justice.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  14. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Bradan straight pipes and tubi straight pipes instead of mufflers

15. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Bruce its not just music, so when you get the bluetooth installed, your navigation from your iphone will go over air in your car.It was nice today, took the 575 on a quick little 80 mile trip and needed the navi, sure beat having to look down at my phone all the time like before.

16. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Bruce let me know he's clock a good amount of miles and the fault has not returned. So, looks like it's fixed. This post is bound to jinx that :)

17. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    ha! When I went to matt this weekend to clear my cel he didn't charge me bc it was nothing, i told him come on charge me, he said something like its a ferrari im sure you'll be back to fix something more expensive soon lol

18. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    He knows the cars!! Lol