Honeycomb/hex front bumper grill | FerrariChat

Honeycomb/hex front bumper grill

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dr.Gee, Aug 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    Wouldn't have any effect on airflow to the radiators. Holes are quite large.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Why not just buy cs front grills they look 10 times better then stock.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee Karting

Mar 18, 2015
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Gee Monie
    #4 Dr.Gee, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    I like the challenge grills but think these would look better matching the side hood vents. Also the C.S. mod costs about $1000 with the spacers.

Plus,this looks thin enough to go over the existing stock grills without having to remove the bumper for install.conversely,easy removal and $50 cost should it not work out.

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    No issue with airflow at all or cooling. I use an old school bra on mine and it has a mesh screen over the openings. I am curious what this will look like. Some of the ad pictures look like different products to me too.

5. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee Karting

Mar 18, 2015
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Gee Monie
    So,I ordered this stuff. I am going to try to overlay it on the stock grill. I can cut it very precisely with a dremmel, but my question is regarding obtaining the exact dimensions for the cut. Ideally, placing a cs replacement grill on the sheet and tracing would be best. Any thought on achieving exact dimensions without doing this? I’m currently at a loss.

6. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    a little cheaper and you get it faster than a month.........

eBay item number:

7. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I would remove the bumper and replace . I think this overlayed on the OEM will look funny .

8. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    You can go to custom car grills dot com and check different flow rates for the various grill materials.

I run a smaller mesh on my Abarth without issue.

9. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Here is one over the stock honeycomb. I later swapped the temporary white ties with stainless that don't show up unless you look real close. When I pull the stock grill to do aux lighting and an air horn I may fasten it properly from behind. You will want to do a nicer job on your Ferrari, I’m sure. I made paper patterns and cut the mesh from that. This was a quick mock up before a road trip in order to keep excess bugs out of radiator. I later touched up the edge trim, smoothed out a few corners, and glued it on with weatherstripping adhesive in a few key spots, and at the joints. Edge trim obtained from the site I mentioned.

Image Unavailable, Please Login