FF values. What's going on? | Page 13 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    If it’s ok in nyc then it should be alright in sf!

2. mikemarko829

mikemarko829 Rookie

Aug 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael Markovich
    Prices like these make it seem like the FF has depreciated even more: https://www.ebay.com/itm/142896493496?ul_noapp=true
    This guy is selling the car as a no accident, perfect car for well below other 2014s.. I was about to buy the car, I asked the owner if it has ever been in an accident and he said its a clean car fax and he is only selling because he wants to buy a property. Did some quick research and I found this: https://www.autobidmaster.com/en/carfinder-online-auto-auctions/lot/33265474/COPART_2014_FERRARI_FF_DISDLREXP_ONLY_CLEAN_TITLE_LOS_ANGELES_CA/

So just a little shout out for buyers to BEWARE of shady sellers like these. What a shame.

Mikeaz likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Totally. Especially if have a car with no shields. I park my FF on the streets in the bronx all the time. Pozzi blue and no shields.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

iloveferrari and Sonicsound like this.
  4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    solid first post.
    simple google search of the VIN brings up the pics

Mikeaz likes this.
  5. mikemarko829

mikemarko829 Rookie

Aug 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael Markovich
    Thanks. I've been lurking around and figured I'd make my first post before someone gets tricked by this seller.
    A lot of odd sellers out there. I bought an FF on Monday (well at least I thought I did), I wired the money to the dealer. On Wednesday the dealer was supposed to ship the car out to me. However, I get a call that morning that the owner who had the car on consignment, used his spare key and drove the car off the lot because he decided he didn't want to sell anymore. Now waiting on my wire to return and the car search continues...never had that happen to me before.

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    That's nuts!!!!
    Have u looked at the one at wide world of cars in ny?

7. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Wow. That is insane. There was a silver 2014 FF with 10k miles and pano roof clean carfax listed for 130k. Too bad it was sold quickly before I was ready (I didn't get to test one until after the sale)

I think that one is probably legit as it's at a maserati dealer

8. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    What do you guys think is reasonable price to pay for a 2012 15-20k mileage ff? Listing prices for FF really all over the place and I don't have access to manheim to at least know what wholesale goes for

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Bundy likes this.
  11. mikemarko829

mikemarko829 Rookie

Aug 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael Markovich
    Thats the one I paid for. Actually when I called the dealer to buy the car, they told me the price was a mistake and it was supposed to be 141k. After fees I wired them 144k. We already signed the paperwork and they had my money. Just a scenario I couldn't have ever imagined.

12. mikemarko829

mikemarko829 Rookie

Aug 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael Markovich
    Yea that one is a beauty. It's just more than I'm looking to spend right now.

13. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Holy shxt I thought it was weird that it was initially listed at 130k then they bumped it up to 138k. I just wasn't in a position to pull the trigger until like today and I wasn't too hot on the color combo so I let it slip. Sorry for your trouble but so glad I don't have to deal with this bs.

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Negotiate!

15. mikemarko829

mikemarko829 Rookie

Aug 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael Markovich
    Yea to be honest I wasn't even planning on buying another car. I was just randomly going through cargurus and I saw how cheap the car was and it turned into an impulse buy. I already had placed an order on a wrap because I wasn't a fan of the color. But now that I was 99% into getting an FF now I really want to get another haha Hopefully something better comes along..

Unfortunately, with my luck I haven't had the best with negotiating with dealers. My last two cars I bought, the dealer didn't want to negotiate so I figured the price I see is the price I'll end up being suckered into paying!

16. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    You can't go with the list price. As I said ff prices (and basically all used cars) are all over the place. Last exotic I bought I got almost 30% off list not because I got a great deal (I think I got a fair price and it was 99% of the specs I want) but because the list price was absurd

17. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Drove car off with his spare key?! Did it have to be that desperate to take something off consignment? I don't think the dealer would have prevented the owner from taking back the consigned car if the owner changed mind, would they?

18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Technically if the money is wired, i would think that means the car is sold no?

19. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    But probably difficult and not worth the effort to enforce it. As long as he gets his money back promptly, there are many other cars out there to be worth the effort forcing the car sale.

20. mikemarko829

mikemarko829 Rookie

Aug 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael Markovich
    Yea I thought the same too. At first I was angry and thought about fighting it, but I just wanted my money back first. I don't know what the rules are with me having already signed the paperwork and wired the money, but after thinking about it, I didn't really want to have such a headache fighting for the car.

21. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    agreed. I would actually consider lucky if I get my money back because it was wired...

22. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    5 minute drives will ruin almost any IC car. You're not giving the engine oil time to get up to temp. If your new car is a tesla or bolt, use that to the station and put a Ferrari Club sticker on the bumper or window.

23. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Haha. Now the issue is the reverse. Too long of a drive.

Miller just posted a 2012 with 30k miles under 130k. Too bad it's black which is probably only color I won't get

24. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    Even Maserati can have sketchy sales people, I am the victim of one of them, still owed car cover/trickle charger/rim repair/door paint repair. I'm never buying from any dealership other than Ferrari from now on.

25. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Don't know about NYC but every time I go to SF it seems that most cars have a plethora of dents and dinks, but perhaps if you have special parking it would not be a problem.