Miura, the original supercar | Page 669 | FerrariChat

Miura, the original supercar

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Dec 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

Actually, even if it doesn't sell, we will still know what the market was willing to pay on that day, which is reflective of true value.

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    We won't. The auction house is able to bid up to or just below the reserve price.

375+ likes this.
  3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Generally that's true.

This is a practice which many auction houses refrain from these days for obvious reasons as it is more beneficial to allow the high-bid to be the benchmark, and, you're assuming this auction house would actually do that in this instance.

There are a number of variables being speculated upon here, the auction house hasn't yet declared the estimate, and indeed we don't know what the reserve price will be or indeed if there will be one, so as I suggested with the upcoming auction of 4920, let's just wait-and-see.

Meanwhile, one thing that has been declared by the auction house is, the total restoration by Lamborghini cost 400,000 Euros.

4. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    In my view, to keep things above board, the identity of the bidder should be available to another bidder upon request. This prevents the broker from accepting bids 'off the back wall'. This was accepted practice when I was a was a commodity auction buyer...

5. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    #16705 P300V8, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    A lot should be 'offered without reserve' if there is no reserve. Otherwise the reserve price is indicative by the valuation. Nevertheless whether the reserve is set or discretionary if the broker is unable to meet the market the lot will remain unsold...

6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Indeed, some auction houses facilitate this upon request

Agreed, that's why I posted "we don't know what the reserve price will be or indeed if there will be one", the latter part of that sentence meaning 'offered without reserve'.

7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    SV 4814 looking better than I have ever seen it in the 30 years I have known it (I first saw it in person in 1988 @ Syon Park West of London) following a total restoration in Italy by Cremonini et al

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ciro Izzo and NürScud like this.
  9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  10. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    [QUOTE="joe sackey, post: 146144052, member: 34170"...we don't know what the reserve price will be or indeed if there will be one"...[/QUOTE]

Since a reserve price is agreed between seller and broker and is not published how will you ever know what it is?

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Indeed the reserve is not publicly disclosed, but I am also referring to the possibility that there might not be any reserve at all, many cars are "Offered Without Reserve", the example below being one of many for the upcoming August auctions.

Bear in mind that some auction houses do not make a No Reserve declaration (or their given Estimate) in their advertising or their catalog till shortly before the auction

12. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't know if this has been posted here before but it is excellent!

ex Shah of Persia Lamborghini Miura.

Enjoy it.

joe sackey likes this.
  13. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Not sure if this is a re-post. But I like it...
    I am pretty sure that the Milano registration is a fake...

Any idea(s) about the VIN of this car?

NürScud and joe sackey like this.
  14. per904

per904 Karting

Feb 28, 2009
    switzerland
    Early P400...Skai interior, headrest, etc...

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Walter are you reminiscing about the Swinging Sixties again?

I heard a rumor that you used to drive a Miura to college ;)

16. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    I happen to love shill bidding, because it make auctions more exciting to watch. When you are a spectator of many live auctions, you tend to become accustomed to each auctioneer's "shill style". With these insights, it becomes almost like an inside joke on unsuspecting bidders, as well as a source of entertainment when a single bidder doesn't realize whats happening.

I'm sure there were several members of this board in the room many years ago during the infamous sale of a VW Combi to a very, very drunk woman, who helped set a record with the assistance of a very cooperative chandelier. Henceforth, the VW Microbus has been known as a "Signature Vehicle" of that particular company. I have many, MANY great eyewitness stories from all the other major auction houses.

As a general rule, one should never bid more than one is comfortable paying, so if the bidder follows that rule, no one really should get hurt.

375+ likes this.
  17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I happened to be in the john when the Combi was on the block. Everyone was watching the monitor incredulously when one guy looked up and said "Holy **** that's my wife"! She is now an honored guest at the auction company.

xs10shl likes this.
  18. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yes, but in the mid-70s! 60s was too early for me....;)

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  20. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #16720 miurasv, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    3444. I saw this on www.kidston.com. Great Miura info on the individual cars.

375+ likes this.
  21. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    375+ likes this.
  22. Michel S

Michel S Rookie

Mar 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michel
    I don't know of any SVs which left the factory with eyelashes, but It would seem Ferruccio would have enough pull to make that happen on his personal car after it left the factory.

Ciro Izzo, miurasv and joe sackey like this.
  23. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

Nighttime shot of 3378.

Attached Files:

bb4635, 375+ and joe sackey like this.
  24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    @ a decade ago we sold the famed Miura ZN75 for what was then a world record sum for any Lamborghini.

I then organized this studio shoot in Los Angeles with my good friend & ace photographer Les Bidrawn, knowing that the car was about to be restored back to it's original Bertone Roadster guise.

As one of the few people to drive the ZN75, I can confirm it was not only the most expensive Miura ever created, but it was also the heaviest!

Fond memories

NürScud likes this.
  25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #16725 joe sackey, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018