Would you sell your 458? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Would you sell your 458?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by George-eed, Aug 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I LIKE my just delivered 488 spider. I LOVED my 458 spider. Don't sell the 458.

TheDiffuser, Afonsolaw, E_Man and 5 others like this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Did you get Rosso Scuderia or the standard red???

3. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Scuderia

of2worlds likes this.
  4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Congrats!
    If I remember correctly there is a 2019 488 GTB coming in also with Scuderia...

5. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I love my 458 Spider. I’ve never had a car like it and I think it’s going to remain desirable for many years to come. I’ll keep mine for a while. I’m considering an F12 or just ordering an 812. A 9000 rpm N/A V8 will never be again. I also have a C63s cabriolet and it’s tuned. It’s a very fast and visceral car but the exhaust note is not comparable at all. The 458 is all about the sound. Keep it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dustman likes this.
  6. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    My two cents is that there are really only three reasons to sell it: 1) you are in financial distress and cannot afford keeping it, need the money to survive etc, in which case you shouldn't have bought it in the first place, 2) you are going to trade it in or sell to buy a 488 or another Ferrari, or 3) you are at a point in your life when you are simplifying, are getting a smaller house with no garage, divesting of "stuff" and/or are too old to drive safely. But to sell it to get a daily driver? Nope.

7. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    This is a common feeling among Fcar owners I would imagine. I have found that joining the local Ferrari Club gives you more opportunities to drive your Fcar. I do agree that you should follow your instincts about showing customers and coworkers the car if you feel this may have a negative impact...because how would that possibly provide a benefit to you.

Dolceexte and George-eed like this.
  8. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Not selling my 458 Spider. Drive it every day (April thru Oct). Six years and almost 30k miles...and NOT BORED YET!

It is my daily driver ...weather permitting of course.

geochin and Melvok like this.
  9. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I would have my 458 as DD too but that will never happen I think … :)

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I set the 458 spider aside for the past month while I drive the Performante Spyder. I don’t know, there’s just something about the 458 that I love. The Perf is stunning and all, but still.....

11. E_Man

E_Man Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Honest, concise, informative. This pretty much says it all. Thank you Jamie. Close the thread please :)

12. Fred Gottlieb

Fred Gottlieb Rookie

May 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    Fred Gottlieb
    488 all the way !! 458 old tech... out with the old, in with the new !

Viperjoe likes this.
  13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Nice Evora

Sent from my 16M

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Interesting....not too attached to the Perf?

Sent from my 16M

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    More tech = more bad.
    :)

tekaefixe likes this.
  16. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Do we sense regrets Jamie :) ?

17. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    The perf Spyder is really impressive and a big step up from the mid engine fcars. But there’s just something missing, can’t quite decipher it yet.

18. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Don't get me wrong. 488 spider is a great car, but I do miss the sound of the 458.

Have some regrets about how I specced the car but nothing earth shattering.

19. Forty40

Forty40 Rookie

Aug 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    JC
    Had been following this chat forum for as long as I could remember. Never thought I would sign up to post anything but had enjoyed all chats...

Had and still have a 2012 458 and thought I need to sign up to just post this: Don’t sell 458. Simply the best daily driver.

20. Marc Rachbind

Marc Rachbind Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Rachy
    I just bought my first Ferrari, a 488 spider.
    I too will not drive it to work, as I don't want to flaunt my success, but deep down I'd love to. So, I drive my BMW640i, which is nothing to sneeze at either, but not on the same planet as my 488, which I love.

21. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
  22. Zeus355

Zeus355 Rookie

Apr 14, 2014
    I've been a committed Porsche guy but now back to this forum and considering a 458. I's interesting to see the OP now back into a Cayman as his DD. That was going to be my suggestion. Myself, I just drove a Mclaren P570GT for a couple of hours and think I need to now find a 458 to take a run in. I liked the P570 but didn't LOVE it.

I have considerations on the upkeep and maintenance of a 458. My office and parking garage is literally 1/2 block from the local dealership BUT my time is tight etc... Thoughts? I DID consider a 355 but the engine-out timing belt maintenance turned me off.

I don't mean to high jack this thread. Just interested. Thanks in advance...

23. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I haven’t driven a 488 but a friend with a 570S swapped cars and drove them back to back over the same roads (albeit in different directions). Our conclusions were that he preferred his and I preferred mine! I’m not sure my conclusion would have been the same had his car been a 488, but I would guess perhaps since the 488 seems more like a 570S than a 458. Anyone who’s driven a 570S and 488 care to comment?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Just curious what would you change ?

25. George-eed

George-eed Rookie

Nov 2, 2016
    I’ve had mine for almost 2 years and so far not spent spent anything apart from the annual service, which was pleasantly reasonable, marginally higher than my porsche services in the past albeit I do just a fraction of the mileage I used to do in the porsche. She’s due another service next month but I really don’t anticipate any surprises. My big dilemma now that I have decided to keep her long term is whether or not to extend the warranty. I bought her from a main dealer as an approved used which comes with a 2 year warranty and i believe I will have the option to extend it but my instinct tells me I don’t really need it as the 458 has proven to be very reliable. Any thoughts out there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk