McDonald's to drop "Supersize" orders | FerrariChat

McDonald's to drop "Supersize" orders

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Kds, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,113105,00.html

The funniest part about this story is quoted below....I can't wait to see this movie.....heh.

I have lost 30 pounds on the "SBD" in the last 7 weeks and cringe whenever I walk past their place 2 blocks away from my apartment, and sometimes smell the exhaust fans from the kitchen..............

------------------

"An award-winning documentary called "Super Size Me" has heaped on more unwanted publicity for McDonald's.

The documentary, which chronicles the deterioration of filmmaker Morgan Spurlock's health during a monthlong experiment eating nothing but McDonald's food, won a directing prize at the Sundance Film Festival and is set for wide release this spring"

2. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    I am thinking a film idea right now, lets document someone going to Golden Corral everyday for lunch and dinner and see how they end up. Let me guess, 40 pounds heavier and high cholesterall. Never saw that one coming. Let's make sure we point out the obvious to all the dumbazzes in this world.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    And the sequel will be how the same guy goes to Subway every day and loses it back.

....and at the end of the movie, Jack La Lane b*tch slaps him!

DL

4. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
  5. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    So they stop "supersize" big deal,fatso just asks for double regular but I guess they will still loose weight as they will order a large diet coke!!

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i bet mickey d's stopped the super size fries because of the Bull**it Atkin's diet craze.

7. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I agree.

DrS

8. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    lol, yeah, at some point people will start taking responisiblity for their actions and quit trying to blame anyone and everyone else.

9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Golden Corral rules. We came across one in Missouri and as I had never seen one before I was in heaven. I think if I had one near me I would be a lot closer to death now!

10. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

matkat you think like I do.......personally I feel this is a PR job by McDonald's for that very reason........they get to look like a responsible corporate citizen in the face of criticism, and people who eat there for the "supersize" meals will just buy more....thereby perhaps...enhancing individual stores profits at the same time.

The movie should be interesting....but definitely not earth shattering.....like "I" didn't know that already....heh.

11. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Exactly. People who think not offering supersized meals will actually make a difference are idiots.
    I rarely eat mcdonals (or any fast food for that matter) because its so unhealthy, i feel terrible after eating it, and i would rather make my own 1lb hamburger (which i do all the time) out of real beef rather than some mystery 60% soy 40% beef product.

12. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Frankly, it will take more than this to slim down America. In fact when travelling internationally, can usually tell INSTANTLY when i am back in the USA by simply looking at the female bodies.

NBC reports " a survey of 10,000 people in 13 cities published this week in the New York Times found that the average clothing size for the American woman – long thought to be a size 8 – is actually a size 14. (It was size 12 just a few years back.)."

See http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4431668/

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

No more number 5 supersize with a coke for chris. :(

14. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    One reason that I am so surprised by this is that fact that sodas anf fries are a fast food joint's highest profit margin item.

15. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    I saw Jack La Lanne last fall on his birthday. They had a party on a little boat out of Morro Bay that we were getting on as his party was getting off. He's looking pretty damn healthy for 89 years old!

Check out what Jack drives:
    http://www.jacklalanne.com/jackcar.jpg

16. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    John, me too.

Steve, wow! That really puts things in perspective.

Sunny

17. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Sunny,

And now you know why i find the average American woman to be truly uninteresting. Worse still, 60% of Americas are over weight and 30% of Americas are obese!

Yes, better looking women seem to flock to L.A. or Miami, but come up here to New England and take a gander. What ever happened to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and eating correctly??? Instead they sue McDonalds?!?! Here, let me go on to Yahoo Personals...

Pictures below is a sampling of "average women aged 35 or so" near me.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

PS: Feel free to visit Yahoo Personals and type in zip code 03086 and see for yourself.

18. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Oh god! Bottom left looks scary.

19. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Must... resist... beating down g/f... when she complains... about... her... waist... or body... :D

Edit: I tried to do a sampling of women on a dating site that were currently online, with a photo, in California, over 18, with any sexual preference and out of 52 results, the oldest was 22 and ALL were interesting.

20. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Uhh... the one on the bottem left scares me. She's got that hungry look in her eyes.

21. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    PLEASE!!!!! Go To Yahoo Personals.

Type in Zip Code 03086

Age 32 to 38

15 mile radius

22. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Steve, it's better to check age 18 to 25. :)

23. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Solipsist,

Agreed, yet i am trying to show AVERAGE here in my age bracket. Now you understand why i go for younger gals. Ok, here are age 21-25...

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

NOTE: i simply chose the first page of gals with NO preference. In other words, i DID NOT "seek out" fat chicks.

24. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Ok, I figured it out. Your in the wrong zip code. LOL ;)

25. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    JaguarXJ6,

Seems that way. Actually the Northern New England area is FILLED TO THE BRIM with these types of women... and the men are not much better (not that i judge men). Now you can see why my "dance card" is quite full and i can choose accordingly :)

As Mel Brooks says "Its good to be King."

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

PS: and do not get me going about OTHER online dating services. it is all the same.