Indy Mercedes service in Ft Lauderdale | FerrariChat

Indy Mercedes service in Ft Lauderdale

Discussion in 'Florida' started by BoulderFCar, Aug 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Definitely not and FCar issue but does anybody have an independent mercedes service facility they like in the FTL area? Thanks in advance.

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    When I worked in Ft. Lauderdale, we used this place ABS Exotic Repair.

They work on most every Euro car but specialize in Mercedes-Benz.

http://www.theautorepairlady.com

BHW

3. BoulderFCar

Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Interesting. I hadn't heard of them and they are 1 mile my house. I also notice they list Sprinter Vans as a specialty which is a good thing for me. I'm looking at a B service on a bluetec ML which is the same motor as the Sprinter so they'll know what they're doing.

I've tried to love Autonation Mercedes of Ft Lauderdale but they've just been expensive and underwhelming.

4. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Yeah, if you go to the dealers, you're just another number.

Curated is located across the street from the Braman service center in Miami. It is really
    amazing the amount of traffic that flows through there all day every day (BMWs, Mini Coopers,
    Hyundais, Cadillacs, etc.), the place is a literal beehive.

So with these dealers, forget about personal service, all they're interested in is getting cars
    in and out in as little time as possible and they've got a bunch of kids working on the cars
    that are nothing but parts hangers.

ABS is run by a woman, Angela if memory serves. The place is in a good location central
    to downtown FLL and it was only a mile away from the old showroom so the odd times we
    had a classic Mercedes-Benz, we'd take it to her.

BHW

5. E55amg9965

E55amg9965 Karting

Jun 13, 2012
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Joe

6. E55amg9965

E55amg9965 Karting

Jun 13, 2012
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I own a Mercedes repair shop/body shop in margate Star garage,check us out if you like.954-969-9610 my name is joe.

7. BoulderFCar

Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks Joe.

8. BoulderFCar

Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Follow up.

I ended up going to Joe at Star Garage. Great place. All the tools and experience. Lot's of common sense and a more reasonable price than the dealer. Tolerated my annoying requests to see the air filters so I could see how often they should be changed. Bonus points, it turns out that Joe is a long time F430 owner. Strong two thumbs up on this shop.

This will change the game for me as I'm done buying new Benzes due to the depreciation haircut. I love buying 2-3 year old ones but I needed a service back stop and now I feel like I've got one. I see AMG's in my future.

9. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Does curated service cars? I thought you guys just did sales? If so whats your hourly rate, I live like 5 minutes from you but have my car serviced pretty far away

10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    What happened to Eric Gegen's shop out on Peters Road in Plantstion? Gegen was the service manager at the old Brumos dealership in Pompano Beach.

11. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    They are fantastic here. Angela works the counter and George is the master mechanic, a real crafsman. They are co-owners. They do everything from repair to full restoration. Highly recommended.