Great deal on a 308 qv ? Maybe ? | FerrariChat

Great deal on a 308 qv ? Maybe ?

Discussion in '308/328' started by italianjoe, Aug 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italianjoe

italianjoe Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
  2. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    May help to have any information
    Like everything

thorn and crinoid like this.
  3. italianjoe

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
  4. italianjoe

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
  5. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Seems cheap

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Car has a FL plate. Shoot him a note, ask where the car is located.

D

7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This is intriguing.

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Car sold 2015 in Stockton, CA for $59K.

209-957-1030

Richards Unique Auto Sales
    2530 W Highway 4,

Stockton, CA 95206

9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    To the current owner in FL ? The add has a name and number.

10. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Maybe someone thinks 60K is a lot of miles....

As a buyer, I LOVE it when a seller makes this fundamental error

11. italianjoe

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
    I have not seen a 308 qv this low in price in a long time.......even with 65,000 Miles .......seems to good to be true.

Sent from my SM-G900V using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

So,

BUY IT.

If you need it looked at, pay me a couple hundred bucks I'll make the 3 hour drive and look it over/test drive it for you, or just send you 1,000 pictures, whatever you need.

I'm sure we have some local Fchatters nearby, it's just a little north of Orlando.

D

thorn likes this.
  13. italianjoe

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
    Already have one.....wish I could buy them all but not a guy with that kind of money.

Sent from my SM-G900V using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Car is for real.

Owner touched base with me a few minutes ago.

Told him to come here, list and sell it.

D

crinoid likes this.
  15. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Wonder why he is asking so far under current market value

16. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Might be any number of legitimate reasons. Earlier this year, I sold my '86 328 with 75k miles and a major service done in spring 2017 for under US $50K. I didn't need the money. I had had my fun with the car, 12K miles over about 5 years, and had "scratched the Ferrari itch." I knew the car was worth more if I wanted to market it interprovincially and internationally or possibly put it on consignment, but I simply didn't want to deal with selling to a non-local buyer. I only advertised it on Craigslist at $58K Canadian, about US $ 45,000. Had lots of legitimate response (odd, no scams - I think my ad wording was quite clear). Buyer & seller, both happy. It happens. Jon Image Unavailable, Please Login

crinoid likes this.
  17. vt169

vt169 Rookie

Apr 25, 2016
    Oviedo, FL
    Full Name:
    Louis Randolph Wood
    Ok. so here's the story. My father passed away in 2014, and left me with some cash that I never expected to receive and did not plan for. I have always admired the 308, so I said to myself, why not take a chance and buy the car of my dreams? So, I bought the car, sight unseen , on eBay, and had it shipped to Florida. According to the seller, the car was bought by the previous owner for his wife, and upon her passing, it sat in the garage for a number of years. The seller stated that the following service was done prior to the sale, although I have no proof of this.
    · Replaced all belts (water pump, A/C, timing); water pump kit, tensioner and rollers with seal kit.
    · Replaced spark plugs, ignition wires, and distributor caps.
    · Replaced fuel pump and accumulator. Flushed fuel tanks and replaced sending unit in driver’s side tank.
    · Changed engine oil and filter (Castrol 20W50 synthetic).
    · Changed gearbox oil.
    · Replaced coolant hoses and flushed cooling system.
    · Replaced brake pads, rebuilt brakes, flushed system and replaced brake fluid.
    · Replaced battery.
    · Re-lubed power window mechanisms.
    Re-upholstered driver and passenger seats.​
    Upon receipt, I had the car checked over by the local Ferrari dealer here in Orlando to make sure it was roadworthy. They rebuilt the front brakes, flushed the fuel system, replaced all of the suspension bushings. I have the complete service records for the car since I have owned it. Major service was done last year. The only work that was not done by the Ferrari service department was retrofit of an aftermarket A/C system, which I am not happy with. As you can imagine, driving a car in Florida without a functioning A/C is not very satisfying. I still have all of the parts of the original A/C system. Tires are new Goodyear Eagles with about 3000 miles on them. All lights are in working order. Remote outside mirrors don't work, but I have not found this to be a problem. Radio works, but power antenna does not. Again , I have not found this to be a problem because I would rather hear that sweet sound of the engine instead of the radio. Clock doesn't work; who cares what time it is? This car is not in showroom condition, but in my opinion is very nice. Paint appears to be original, with normal wear and tear for a 30+ year old car. The left rear quarter panel below the bumper appears to have been cosmetically repaired at some point (evidence of body filler and cracked paint).
    So, yes, the asking price seems low, but I have had fun with the car, and I need the space in the garage.

18. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

And there ya go, straight from the horse's mouth. :D

D

19. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy

Can you elaborate a bit on the a/c and why you are not happy?

Often we see people simply recharge with 134 which is NOT how should be done. Wrong on just about every level. What was done with this one?

20. Cuddy K

Cuddy K Karting

Oct 30, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ian Karr
    Thanks, Louis for the backstory on the car. The market seems to be doing funny things at the moment. In addition to the six figure cars, there are several recent sub-40K sales on ebay. One '83 QV with 39K miles just went for 37.5, so your asking price may be right in line. For the moment anyway!

21. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't imagine this will last long at this price and with that info. Wish I could do it.

22. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Me too
    If my lift was in Wisconsin I would

23. vt169

vt169 Rookie

Apr 25, 2016
    Oviedo, FL
    Full Name:
    Louis Randolph Wood
    So, I guess I done wrong. The original a/c system just couldn't keep up with the Florida weather. So, I had an R134 retrofit kit installed by a local mechanic. Doesn't work any better than the original. That is the main reason that I am selling the car. I do have all of the original parts that were removed.

24. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Unless he swapped pretty much everything (most importantly the hoses and condenser) you won't feel an improvement. It will actually blow warmer when fully charged with 134 vs 12.

Probably wouldn't have mattered anyway. It gets hot down here and between that big windshield and hot radiator air sneaking in thru all the little cracks down by your legs, it is just too much to overcome even in tip top shape when they were new.

25. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Seems to be priced too low. Especially for a QV. Something has to be up. Just my $.02.