Finally!!! The 308 gt4 Dino is now a reality! | FerrariChat

Finally!!! The 308 gt4 Dino is now a reality!

Discussion in '308/328' started by dinolove, Aug 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dinolove

dinolove Rookie

Apr 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    FCC
    I feel I owe this post to all those who have held my hands over the last three years. I started my search about three years ago. My husband and daughter have been so patient with me trolling the computer for hours at night and on the weekends. Since that time, I have spent hundreds of hours watching each one that sold. I flew out to look at one but the deal did not work out which was fate in the end. I made a new friend so it was worth it. I felt, by the end, that I knew the market better than most sellers did. What I did not know was what the many members of FChat and my two pals who own gt4s tired to explain. What they all said is that it is best to buy a well sorted car verses one that you have to fix up. They also pointed me to FChat and said for me to join, read what true owners say about their gt4s, and at the end of the day buy one from someone who knows the car. I listened to each word they said and followed their advice.

I not only own a wonderful gt4 that I got from a great and honest guy (FChat - Aurum) who is on FChat but I made some great pals along the way. I want to give special thanks to all those who helped me along the way: absostone, Derek Tam Scott, Bruce from FJ in San Fran, sammyb, guygowire, aurum, nogoslow, tony strauss, Ed, Kasper, Ian B., jimgolf1, cutty51, omniovore, and SamN. I know I have missed a few names on this list.

I have always been met with kindness and sincerity. The members of this group are standup in my eyes and I am so happy to change my profile to say owned verses wanted.

So in short thank you to everyone and I look forward to being a lifelong member of this group and helping others in the way I was helped. But for this group I don’t think I would have found the one I was wanting - 1974 Ferrari 308 gt4, black/tan, dino badge. Of all the cars I have driven none compare to this one. The 308 gt4 is truly a gem and will one day be seen for the diamonds they are.

[​IMG]

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Fantastic! Thank you. Any help u need lmk

dinolove likes this.
  3. SamN

SamN Rookie

Oct 27, 2015
    modesto califorinia
    Congrats! Thank you and all the best.

dinolove likes this.
  4. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    Congrats and please share some pictures!!!

dinolove likes this.
  5. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    Congrats...

dinolove likes this.
  6. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Congratulations! I’m glad you found one.

dinolove likes this.
  7. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Diamonds are forever :)

dinolove likes this.
  8. bromo

bromo Rookie

Feb 3, 2018
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Craig
    They are certainly diamonds..congratulations.

dinolove likes this.
  9. Rosewood

Rosewood Rookie

Nov 29, 2017
    Paonia CO
    Full Name:
    Kaspar Keil
    I have been enriched by the internets ability to periodically bring the good folks together. My experience with FC has been transformative and connotes the difference between a car that ran ok and a well tuned screaming Ferrari Dino 308 GT4. Dinolove truly personifies every lesson the collective “WE” preach, but at least in my case sometimes don’t actually practice! The adage “buy the best you can afford" and not the first shiny object that presents itself means being super disciplined and knowing exactly what it is that you’re seeking. I on the other hand know these key rules but still persist on dragging some classic out of a field in the name of “it was a deal I couldn’t pass up, the parts alone are worth twice”; we all know where that typically ends up!

Welp this is indeed my first FC post, the precipice, I’m truly great-full for the genuine community that has been SO helpful and open. Thank You! -K
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ckone77, kiwiokie, 19633500GT and 2 others like this.