488 Pista Spider Picture Thread | FerrariChat

488 Pista Spider Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Lukeylikey, Aug 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    No, it’s not here yet, but it very soon will be! I can’t wait for this car - I’ve been checking the web daily for signs of it - and would love to see it spec’d by owners in all sorts of creative (but tasteful) colours - I think the car deserves it and will suit a little exuberance.

Mine will be yellow (probably) not white, but it will likely look as per the pic below, neatly compared to the Speciale Aperta. What a car that is!
    View attachment 479095

Attached Files:

TopspeedPT, NEP and JagShergill like this.
  2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    [Rendering]
    [​IMG]

TopspeedPT likes this.
  3. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Looks like the Pista Aperta is smiling from the front, similar to a 570S, not feeling it.

Shadowfax likes this.
  4. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    It looks horrible. IMO, a convertible track oriented car is a terrible idea anyway.

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Couldn't agree more there. A fundamentally bad idea made to look even worse.

6. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    But how many owners will find their way on to a track wth their car? This will make a great mountain road car IMO. The Milano picture is only a mock-up too.

7. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    in real it’s very very good....the above renderng is horrible and unrealistic

8. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    Always funny to see such comments!
    No turbo, it's not a real Ferrari!! like the F40!?
    No convertible track oriented car, it's a terrible idea anyway!! like the F50!?
    Always funny I told you.

9. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    ill be the contrarian. l like it a lot. like the lines and the mona lisa smile.

CCallaud, bcorner and Manda racing like this.
  10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Murat is right and he races those cars!

11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    With the greatest respect to Murat, what has racing got to do with with the Pista or Pista Aperta?

cridom60, Nelsonc275 and Boomhauer like this.
  12. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I agree. Either Pistas are not race cars damn it! Some thick skull people here. A racer friend of mine sent me the PDF brochure Ferrari sent him for his 488 GTE and man.... that's a race car since the day Ferrari started welding the chassis until they delivered the car (without tires). The chassis, the windows, man the only thing that's the same is actually the Ferrari logo.
    Its worlds apart, I was so surprised to the differences, its almost a different brand like Nestle and Lego, they have nothing to do with each other. And the GTE could have 300 HP and still it would kill anything on a race track.

Of course you can race your mazda miata, your spider and your a bit mode focussed speciale/pista (which will have a better race feeling than most road cars). Sure and please have fun but don't you think for a second you have a race car or you're a race driver for that matter :D

cridom60 likes this.
  13. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Of course, me not liking a Pista Aperta or any convertible super sport car has nothing to with my racing activities. As I wrote some time a go I don't like convertibles because...

1- I don't like the shape of them when they are closed. I think cars such as 458, 488 w loose all the aesthetics when they are converted to a convertible
    2- Very limited use where I live
    3- I track my cars frequently for time attack so no use for me with an aperta

CETH likes this.
  14. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I bet if you do a few mountain passes in Italy/France/Switzerland you will appreciate it 10 times more in a Spider than in a coupe. If its just track of course coupes are better.

kandi likes this.
  15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Well, they are not race cars, but they are track tools. Not having a roof is a bad idea on so many levels.

16. kussetimii

kussetimii Rookie

Apr 22, 2014
    Italia
    Full Name:
    Giovanni I.
    :):):) I'm having a lot of fun :D:D:D

17. Stryker1808

Stryker1808 Rookie

Jul 10, 2015
    To each his own...I love how the Pista Aperta looks...Can't wait to see more pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Not sure I agree. Having done these passes regularly (and about to do them again in a few weeks) I am much happier in a coupe. If you are cruising spyder is nice but if you are "on it" I prefer a coupe

19. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    IMO, a convertible is best when you have mild weather (not too hot not too cold), nice empty roads without much traffic and in a nice neighborhood where people don't mind much when you drive in a convertible Ferrari. Now, if I ask myself how many times will I a get a chance to drive like that, I'd say not so much, like maybe %1 of my driving. Again IMO, if you have such conditions good for you, unfortunately I don't :(

JagShergill likes this.
  20. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I saw a thing on the internet from one of the scoop sites recently about a fairly new Ferrari patent for a targa roof. The illustrative drawings were done on a 430 Spider - presumably to throw people off the scent - but the patent was filed recently. Anyone know more? Is it rubbish?

21. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I took my Speciale around the Pyrenees recently and my 488 Spider around the Alps last September (will do the same this September). The biggest difference between them is the engine rather than the body style and especially how the body impacts handling. You do lose a little over uneven surfaces in the Spider but you gain more back with the open roof, especially in September when it is a couple of degrees cooler.

Still waiting for the official pictures.... PPG’s comments have me intrigued.

Shack likes this.
  22. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Look out for a few "crazies" if you are floating around the Alps late September :) The matt "champagne" F12 is a give away .....

23. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    We’ll be an F12 N-Largo, a few 488 Spiders, a 488 GTB, a 675 LT Spider and a 675 LT. If anyone spots us near Andermatt, please say hello!

JagShergill likes this.
  24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Ever since the 360 I want to see the engine in all its glory :)

25. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    Based on PPG70's comments I also can't wait to see how the Pista Aperta looks. I hope they picked a stunning color or color combination!