looking at a thus 458 | FerrariChat

looking at a thus 458

Discussion in 'Canada' started by henley1, Aug 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henley1

henley1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Lee
  2. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I don't like the dealer. I leased a Lincoln Navigator via them. It was a disaster!

3. henley1

henley1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Lee
    was it a weird lease or something. or a dud auto wise?

4. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    The lease went weird...…. Nobody would return my phone calls to buy out the lease. I was still making payments after the lease expired. To get a call back, I had to stop making payments. They made the buy out extremely complicated...…………. Bad business!

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If it's the same place I almost dealt with 3 years ago, you are right, bunch of morons.

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The 2012 and later Italia models seem to have a better DCT transmission than the 2010 and 2011 cars; fewer problems. On the early cars (Italia and Califonia) Ferrari was replacing the complete DCT transmission unit; at least 27k on warranty. The culprit seemed to be some plastic pieces inside that overheated and melted. One Ferrari mechanic in the US commented they were doing four or five DCT swaps every month!
    This car has the base seats and not the optional Daytona seats or the race seats. Also the original wheels on the car have been replaced with 2014 Ferrari Speciale wheels. Mileage is very crucial when determining value. Some higher mileage cars are overpriced. Paint color is also important as red is the most popular and yellow being a tough sell at resale time. Black seems to be the second most popular Italia color here in Ontario.
    Others have mentioned a poor shopping experience there with that dealer...

7. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Just like Porsche, buy the newest model you can afford. White is quite popular, too. Agreed, yellow seems to be death for resale.

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Which is puzzling considering that it looks fantastic in yellow

of2worlds likes this.
  9. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    While I personally have never had a problem with MVL as Autoforum and they used to trade cars here and there the car you’re looking at IS a ex-lease and my experience of leased exotics shows they tend to be beat on a little harder then people who own their cars. BUT! That’s what inspections are for!