MONDIAL QV FUEL INJECTION PIPES | FerrariChat

MONDIAL QV FUEL INJECTION PIPES

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Chris 308GT4, Aug 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chris 308GT4

Chris 308GT4 Rookie

Aug 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris Daley
    Hi all, just finishing off a Mondial QV restoration project and connecting all the fuel injection pipes off the metering unit, we have connected the pipes to the front bank but the pipes on the rear bank have all been separated and some seem to be now out of shape, could anybody tell me which way these pipes run or possibly send me a picture across?

Thanks Chris

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Out of interest did you overhaul the metering unit as the kit is cheap enough on e bay

3. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    And get its output balanced?

4. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    I believe I'm correct in that there is no "firing order" so to speak on the metering unit...........

5. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    This is the only I have for the moment...rear bank did you mean the back side of the car I supose ! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Guido

6. Chris 308GT4

Chris 308GT4 Rookie

Aug 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris Daley
    Hi, no I have not, do you suggest I overhaul it?

Cheers

7. mwr4440

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Yes and No.

I believe the car would run just fine no matter which port fed which injector, but Ferrari did hook them up in such a way that 'half' the FD feeds one bank of cylinders and the other 'half' feeds the other bank.

WaltP likes this.
  8. mwr4440

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    #8 mwr4440, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    If you look closely at the pic above, you can see what I am trying to get across.

The FD is imaginarily 'split' via an East-West line, with the 'North side'(toward the car's front) feeding 5-8 and the 'South side'(toward the car's rear) feeding 1-4.

That orientation could be different on other models (308i, QVs and 328s). It is Italian afterall.

Look at pics for your model and year.

I have rebuilt FDs and the inside is one intricate cavern. All 8 injector ports are interconnected with only one fuel line IN.

If yours has never been cleaned and rebuilt, I'd highly recommend it. Unless you know what you're doing, send it out for the work. They are very unforgiving to any mistake.