488 Pista Spider Picture Thread | Page 5 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Spider Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Lukeylikey, Aug 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    This is just amazing. Not sold on the wheels, but what a gorgeous car. I like that the stripe gets wider towards the rear. The glass engine cover may be getting stale.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    So true. Funny thing is that Alcantara weathers better in an open top yet they put mainly leather in it. My guess is the Alcantara will be a cost option for Pista Spider like the leather option is in the coupe. Ferrari sure seem to have it all worked out ;).

3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Not disappointed with that. Don’t mind the wheels either although will probably spec carbon if I continue with my plan for yellow so it makes little difference. They really do these liveries well and this one works great with the widening stripe. I will have to change my plans to incorporate it though.

Was it confirmed the carbon wheel option will be available? Can’t think why they wouldn’t

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes I said the same thing about the widening stripe when I first saw it. It's brilliant.

I actually like the way it looks with the roof up more than down for that reason.

Camlet1 and G. Pepper like this.
  5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Ferrari pass up money????? Are you kidding? :)

6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    My Alfa 4c came with an Alcantara interior -- the first one I ever had. I too was pro-leather. But I can tell you it's cooler to the touch, doesn't wear like Ferrari leather does, cleans really easily, and looks pretty darn good.

I'm still a fan of leather but it does have its advantages.

Modulo_B likes this.
  7. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    That is so, so very beautiful. I personally love the rims, very good job Ferrari! Can't wait to see one in person :)

8. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    My SLK 55 AMG had half alcantara, half leather seats, and I drove her roughly 110,000km's. The alcantara was fine, quite like it really due to the way it looks, never had problems with it. The bolsters which were leather, did however begin to show cracks/stretches/etc after the 10 years or so that I had her, but not the alcantara parts. Your mileage may vary of course.

9. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    Guys, I’ve found a little mistake here, the dashboard screen displayed as 488 spider, but it supposed to be 488 pista spider, just check the official pic. I guess they just rushed work and forgot changed the screen display

10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

11. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Stunning! Wow! Love that wheels!

12. Maciek

Maciek Karting

Jan 20, 2007
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Maciek N
    I believe that "Aperta" name is reserved for limited edition Ferraris. Think 458 Speciale Aperta, 599 SA Aperta or LaFerrari Aperta. 488 Pista Spider is not one of them.

bwshihtzu likes this.
  13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Having thought a little more about it, the white and dark blue livery is just stunning. I think I’m going to have to change my plans. What is it with Ferrari? They are just so good at this.

Caeruleus11 and JagShergill like this.
  14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Does anyone know the exact white and blue from the launch spec?

of2worlds likes this.
  15. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    The screen display says 488 Pista spider on the pics earlier on this thread

16. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    I think the white is bianco italia.... Im not too sure about the blue Im afraid.

17. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    [QUOTE="

Was it confirmed the carbon wheel option will be available? Can’t think why they wouldn’t[/QUOTE]

yes carbon wheels are available as option. it is written (in italian) on Ferrari website

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.