488 Pista Spider Picture Thread | Page 6 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Spider Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Lukeylikey, Aug 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Agreed.

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Very unlikely! It is slower in a straight line, according to Ferrari (0-200 in 8 vs 7.6), is heavier and less rigid.

Other than that, I don't understand why people are excited by it. It is just a lesser Pista. Apperance wise it was always bound to be a 488 Spider in Pista clothes. Nothing new or enigmatic.

458-Italia, markonex, Shack and 2 others like this.
  3. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    Bianco Italia and Blu Nart stripe

of2worlds, stavura and G. Pepper like this.
  4. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    it looks to be an unlimited production as the Pista Coupé

ciao

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Not numbered but yes limited production.
    The photos make this car look great. But the going opinion last night was that of a busy design. Don’t get me wrong, I’d get one as an investment of course. But I too didn’t like the spider as much as the coupe.
    Someone else noted here regarding the coupe that the interior is looking dated given the long resemblance to the 458 and I now have to concur. Not a bad place to sit by any means. I’ve had 3 458’s so I’d like more change.
    The f12 tdf’s looked stunning.
    For non ferrari, Bugatti had by far the best car in Divo.
    The new SVJ was pretty cool and the execs were fun to talk to. Plenty of seat time if needed in Performante and urus, the latter was surprisingly very nice ride and good sounding esp on downshifts.

Caeruleus11 and Albert-LP like this.
  6. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's front end reminds me of the mouth of a basking shark

nmcclure likes this.
  7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  8. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    The details on the Bugatti's were special. Their party was a hoot. Absolutely the best-dressed party that we went to. Folks really made an effort. In other words, good people watching.

The Divo's rear was like something from a science fiction movie. I can see the appeal to be sure and understand why all the Divo's are completely sold out. I can even understand why they have sold all of them for $6m.

I spoke with the head guy for F or NA and asked him if they Pista Aperta is a numbered limited car like the Speciale Aperta. No, was the answer. However, it's still a limited run..'we will make the Pista Aperta's for a limited run'. I then asked him the process to get the Aperta and if Ferrari itself had to approve of the Pista Aperta buyers...he said yes. Translating all of this, I am still not clear how hard it will be to get an Aperta. I left it up to my GM to find out.

With all of that being said, I agree with Dustman that the Pista's design does seem happier as a coupe. My hopes are that we can enjoy our Pista Coupe anticipating an ordered Spider ;) I am cautiously optimistic.

Caeruleus11, nmcclure and of2worlds like this.
  9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    couldn't agree more. You are lucky to see in person all those beauties together, thanks for sharing your impressions. So in your opinion the Divo is even better looking than the SVJ? it means it's a fantastic car indeed!

ciao

10. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    They didn’t forget. They showed this car prior to naming it and we saw that too on the dash. If they named it properly, the name release would have been spoiled.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Blu nart

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I rather liked it, the colours chosen by Ferrari were excellent. Yes the coupe looks better, but then that is true on the standard 488. Info I got was that like Pista coupe numbers are limited in terms of production numbers due to time it will be in production, and you cannot have both (generally) . If you liked the 458 Speciale aperta this will be your car.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  14. 430-SPI

430-SPI Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    René
    Absolutely stunning...but I will go for another colour and other rims...white just isn't my thing.

Shack likes this.
  15. mr.modena

mr.modena Formula 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Jaroslav Hanus
  16. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Looks fabulous on that pic
    [​IMG]

Caeruleus11 and stavura like this.
  18. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    [​IMG]

can anyone do a rendering for the pista spider using this color and imaginative stripe choices. photoshop technology is above my pay grade

19. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    It is 488 Pista Piloti
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

agrun and legoman like this.
  20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    The Divo is the best looking car I’ve seen in a few years.

21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...

22. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    I like it but not sure same color. Looking to see the body color with either mclaren orange or yellow stripe if one of our photoshop sharpshooters can figure this out. The car would look stunning and different than the same old red or gray pistas

23. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Divo is extreme, in my opinion excessive. It has the same headlights as the FXX K .. And how much does it cost ?! Chiron remains elegant and charming.

Think about LaFerrari and FXXK. They are the beauty and the beast, but with technique and style.

Divo and SVJ are dirty, full of appendages, colors, cuts, folds, stripes, holes.

Take a look at the Pista Spider, beautiful, simply Ferrari. No other words are needed.

dcmetro, JohnTz, maha and 1 other person like this.