Speciale Market | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    You can...I just said I don’t try because I know what they are worth and I pay fair price to ensure no stories and I get what options etc. I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Does anyone have 'real' experience with matte finish paint. Would you not be worried or stay away ?

3. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    My daily is an RS7 with factory matte finish. Definitely more inconvinience in terms of washing - BUT at the same time there is no need to buff / polish / wax the car.

NO swirls in the paint ever as well. Yes - scratches do accumulate and show up over time, and no way to get them out. Also I do not have any first hand experience in doing bodywork on this paint finish. But outside of all the cons - I would say that having a matte finish probably yields me the most happiness about this car. Makes it that much more unique.

If the car is NOT a daily driver, and mostly a garage queen - I would mostly hands down go with the matte paint option if thats an option.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    GREAT looking car. Love the matte finish, BUT, yeah - not being able to remove scuffs and scratches would bother me over time. Thanks for your reply.

G. Pepper likes this.
  5. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    If I have the extra money, I will buy this one in a heart beat

6. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I view buying a car as another business transaction. Not negotiating in a business transaction is unexpected, unless you are in a very weak position. To me, it seems like you must really like the car and that's why you don't negotiate price. But negotiating price does not mean we are buying a Nissan. That statement of yours is actually quite elitist and asinine simultaneously. Lol, of course we are talking about the used car here.

7. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    My Speciale has all the interior, exterior and engine bay matte carbon similar to this car. I am pretty sure that all the matte carbon was about $17k extra. Is hard to tell the exact number as the matte carbon was bundled with other stuff under “Special Features”.
    Hope this helps.

tekaefixe likes this.
  8. wasax.rc

wasax.rc Karting

Apr 1, 2013
    I have had two, Matte SL550 and Matte Lambo Huracan. I LOVE THE look hate scratch/scuff problem. Yes you don't have to wax or swirl but you get a scratch and the whole area is a repaint. My wife drives the 550, you can imagine after a year or so.....Anyway love the idea hate the execution.

BJK likes this.
  9. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    You obviously don’t know me or you would know I am neither elitist or asinine and quite frankly I take your comments as combative and ignorant. Negotiate away...you are the kind of Ferrari buyer who brags more about the price you paid rather than the quality of the purchased vehicle. Attack someone else loser.

10. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Really not interested in arguing with individuals online. But still gotta say this : so in your mind, buying a Nissan or Ford means discounted sale price and buying a used Ferrari should not involve price negotiation. And since we wanted to negotiate about the price, you suggested us to go buy a Nissan and Ford. In fact you are the one who brags about paying whatever the dealer asked.

You still don't think this is elitist and asinine!?

Ok. You win. You are not an elitist and you are smart, simply because I don't know you, like you said.

Jason Crandall likes this.
  11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    You know you can always just apply a matte clear bra over a non-matte car...and when the fad is over just take it off, all the while protecting the original factory paint. Win-win imho.

LARRYH and 09Scuderia like this.
  12. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    Yup.
    It is also an option to put matte film over the car’s matte finish and protect it vs scratches. That is what my cousin did in his matte black Aventador and it looks pretty good with low risk of damage.

13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #238 ylshih, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    7-day thread bans each for attacking the other.

14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Maybe someone loveferrari a bit too much!!

15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    My LP670SV is factory matt black. I have satin clear bra over the whole car...pretty much no maintenance.

Sent from my 16M

16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    You can make virtually any paint have a matt finish with matt expel film ..or you can turn a matt car into a gloss finish with the std gloss film..
    I had a friend put the matt film on a new gt4 it looked nice

17. Luk77

Luk77 Rookie

May 6, 2018
    #243 Luk77, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Under MRSP, maybe too spec or because of the spec (personally I don’t like it).

Generally, modern Ferrari did’t perform well at last auctions. 599 GTO (2 above 500k$, 1 not sold)), F430 16M (270k$) and F430 Scuderia (190k$) they were at “low” value. However, I don’t know the status of these cars.

The only surprising car, at least for me, is the 575 super America manual gearbox above 900k$... just because is manual... Then 599 SA aperta above 1M$, but It is more understandable.

18. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    Even though it has the heftiest MSRP I've ever seen, the extra cost is all in the matte carbon and paint - pretty plain jane car without the matte bits. I think the car is really cool looking, but too much of a hassle to maintain and I'm not sure it will age well. I wouldn't buy it. Awesome car, just too unique/peculiar to get a crazy auction number, so I think $385k (possibly $423,500 after auction fees/commission) is a strong number on this car and makes me feel pretty happy about my purchase price last summer.

Clay512TR likes this.
  19. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Quite a few Speciale have sold the past month. For a car that usually takes a long time to sell, that's a lot of activity in the market, especially since it's not like prices are significantly lower than before, and the Pista is just around the corner

Clay512TR likes this.
  20. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017

Any new owners willing to share their purchase price?

21. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017

Any new owners willing to share their purchase price?

22. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Not that I saw any Speciale at RM in Monterey but market seemed quite soft....there was a 599GTO that sold on the block for $500k.
    F40 sold for $1.5....another bid up to $900k, no sale....
    LaFerrari sold for $3mil, I have a friend who bought one little over year ago for $4mil.

Sent from my 16M

23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    TDF similar.

24. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason