Latest Upgrade - OEM Extended Paddles. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Latest Upgrade - OEM Extended Paddles.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Shadowfax, Aug 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Super easy to install. We even made a video:

Shadowfax likes this.
  2. lukeb817

lukeb817 Rookie

Oct 17, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    They didn't seem interested in going below $1,400 when I tried best offer this afternoon.

3. nero corsa

nero corsa Karting

Apr 4, 2017
    Shadowfax likes this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I think the Carbonio are a great alternative - thanks Carbonio - but when Genuine is available at a similar price point it's hard to overlook the benefits of having the genuine item. Eitherway, no matter what you choose they are a ton better than what was there - no comparison. Actually knowing how bad the stock ones are for a car like this Ferrari should seriously consider doing the right thing and change everyone's for free under warranty.

5. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    I can’t even get close to the Carbonio forum pricing on the OEM paddles. It’s a significant difference.

Prices for F carbon are simply ridiculous and that is why I didn’t add any optional carbon to my car except the steering wheel because I wanted the LEDs which I found out after the fact that I could have gotten the LEDs on the standard wheel. I am the exception because I don’t like the look of decorative carbon anyway, so will go with the Carbonio paddles because I totally agree, the standard paddles are aweful.

Shack, MANDALAY and Shadowfax like this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The more I drive the car now I'm more mad with myself for deluding myself the stock paddles were tolerable...someone at Ferrari needs to be sacked for that....maybe the person responsible is a saboteur working for the opposition and Ferrari hasn't twigged to it yet. Something need to give.

Carbonio and nero corsa like this.
  7. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Our factory sources tell a different tale that is acceptable and believable. When Ferrari started with the paddle shifters on the 355 they intentionally made them small and positioned on the 10 & 2 o'clock positions to ensure that drivers would only shift while the steering was straight. This is the safest situation and done primarily for liability reasons. As F1 shift became more and more prevalent in cars across the board Ferrari started making the paddles progressively larger because they recognized the inherent limitations with the little paddles and the liability risk decreased as paddle shifters became a more accepted and proven technology. With the advent of the 360 Challenge cars (which cannot be plated on the street and are for track only) Ferrari fitted very long aluminum paddles to these cars as standard and this has carried forward in all of the subsequent Challenge cars. Long paddles are essential in a race situation but when you fit them to a road driven car there are some incredible benefits with absolutely ZERO downsides (always assuming the driver is acting responsibly).

Shadowfax likes this.
  8. sbenus

sbenus Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2009
    San Juan
    Full Name:
    Simon
    i had the oem installed months ago and LOVE them

Shadowfax likes this.
  9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Interesting just received a flier on discounts on Ferrari merchandise. The paddles are also available in matt ? Hum. I wish the extended were available as like the standard finish as i don't like the carbon.

Shadowfax likes this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yes got it the other day. Ferrari are offering a wide range of discounted parts now. I saw the matt carbon paddles in the flesh - they look good too. Maybe get them painted?

MANDALAY likes this.
  11. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    You Australians must get those part discounts because you pay twice as much for your cars. :)

12. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    In keeping with the spirit of Ferrari offering special pricing, we will also extend a special discount until the end of August. Any of our shift paddles will receive an additional discount over what we already offer to F-Chat members plus FREE DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING to anywhere in the world.

Combining the discount plus the free shipping is tricky with our software so it needs to be done manually. Anyone interested can place their order online at www.carbonio.com and then Message us here on F-Chat or via e-mail to [email protected] . Once we receive your message we'll calculate your total savings and refund it immediately. This offer cannot be backdated and expires August 31st without exception.

tekaefixe likes this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I think it could well be just a case where Ferrari are offering out a range of normally costly options at reduced prices to clear excess stock possibly because the model is nearing the end of cycle? But agree we get totally fleeced on our cars here - but no point us winging about that because it's not going to change anytime soon....if anything will only get worse!

I did note they were offering some very attractive pricing on option wheel rims as well - far cheaper than what I've seen some of the "take offs" being offered for here on Fchat. Same case with CF side vents, rear satellites, central bridge assemblies, inner door sills and lower CF sills all at very attractive pricing.

As a heads up for Carbonio and My Ricambi I can foresee a need to reduce pricing on all these items quite significantly to compete with the OEM equivalent which could run on. Just saying. I bought my paddles off the back of their previous special and they have a new one running. I'm sure there will be another.
    PS. Carbonio - Aug cut off is not going to work either I suspect.

14. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    Ordered the Carbonio. Thank you for the discount.

Shadowfax likes this.
  15. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    You are very welcome John :)

All orders have been processed and refunds for shipping and the F-Chat discount have been issued. Great response so far and a few more days to go in our offer!

Shadowfax likes this.
  16. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Also installed in mine. My OEM carbon fiber paddles are for sale. If anyone is interested PM me.

Shadowfax likes this.
  17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I think you will find nobody will want them if they already have short OEM paddles so they will unfortunately wind up in the garbage bin - where they belong.

18. sbenus

sbenus Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2009
    San Juan
    Full Name:
    Simon
    sold mine on eBay. they move quickly as not everyone got carbon paddles originally

iloveferrari and Shadowfax like this.
  19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Wow thanks. I'll put mine on too. What $?

20. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Today is the LAST DAY for our F-Chat additional discount with free international shipping for any of our shift paddles.

If you have not yet placed your order you have until midnight EST (GMT -5) in order to take advantage of this this offer. Remember that we need to manually adjust pricing so after placing an order on our website, just message or email us: [email protected] and we will immediately issue your refund.

21. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    One pair?

22. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    How much should we sell them for?

23. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I’m selling mine for 600 usd in eBay

24. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    The 1250 price is what I got just last week from the dealer for the extended carbon ones. No clue what the regular length ones cost.

25. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Extended paddles are awesome but I personally like the shape of the carbonio design better... slim and more factory shaped ...the OEM extended ones are too big/fat and too squared. Are these OEM extended the same ones as on the factory speciale's, never liked the ones on the speciale.

Carbonio and Nuvolari like this.