Electric windows. | FerrariChat

Electric windows.

Discussion in '308/328' started by Tonksy1, Aug 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tonksy1

Tonksy1 Karting

Jun 21, 2016
    New Zealand
    Hi Ferrari chatters.
    I have been servicing my electric windows and have discovered a couple of issues.
    First issue is on my drivers side motor, the cable spool has a type of clamp that holds the cables from coming off/out of the grooves. I have not seen this part in any of the DIY procedures and am wondering if this has been added later, or is a device to hold the cables when installing, and maybe was forgotten about...
    Passenger side does not have one.
    Ì will attach a photo.

2nd question is where can I find a replacement washer that sits on either side of the wire spool. I think its called an anti rattle washer? Im guessing its an important part. Even if it was working without one....
    One is missing on mine. I will load a pic for this also.
    Appreciate any help with this.
    Thanks
    Dean

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Wow - hang on to that.

That clamp was used at the factory to hold the cable in place until the assembly was done. It should not be left on the spool ... so take it off every you get everything the way you want it. And keep it.

For the spring washer, try McMaster Carr.

3. raines

raines Karting

May 7, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Sorting out my slow windows. Was thinking of re-wiring, but mechanic suggests we just clean/lube it up and live with faster "slow" windows.

4. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ask yourself how many times a year you actually put the windows up and down. For me it's about 10. I've done the regrease on the gears and they still aren't fast windows, but in the end it really came down to that.

More juice helps slightly, but they'll never beat a Honda.

5. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I just remember I have two used spare window motor that came from another QV, I think I will clean the motor up inside and outside and swap it for the one in my QV now.

6. raines

raines Karting

May 7, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Good point! The thing that got me, was that it wasn't coming up all the way- by 1/2". I had to help it by pulling it up everytime...not too cool- embarrassing in fact. Hopefully a regrease will do the trick.

7. Tonksy1

Tonksy1 Karting

Jun 21, 2016
    New Zealand

8. Tonksy1

Tonksy1 Karting

Jun 21, 2016
    New Zealand
    Thanks (thorn). Yes it is a very handy tool. Im surprised the window was still working.