Golden Knights 2018-19 season | FerrariChat

Golden Knights 2018-19 season

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by TheMayor, Aug 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Tickets just went on sale. VERY SLIM PICKINGS!

I bought my first for Oct 28 Sunday against Ottawa.

2. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Keep your eyes open on stubhub. I believe A LOT of people who couldn't care less about hockey bought season tix based on last year's outstanding performance. If they don't come out hot like last season, I would expect to see people dumping tickets. I couldn't even give mine away for the two games I couldn't make early-ish in the season last year.

We got two quarter-season packages (long story how that came about, they canceled half season plans and BADLY bungled renewing partial season plan holders), so we have tix for half of the home games (just like last year). In terms of live sports, there's nothing better than hockey. I cannot wait for the season to start.

3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    we (2 couples) were all set to come out to see the Flyers at T-Mobile and as bad luck would have it, it's opening night! forget that.

4. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    These are our seats for this year (sec. 118, row B, seats 7-8). We were a couple of sections over (sec. 120) and a few rows up last year, but they were nearly dead center of the end. I am very hopeful that being a couple rows down will give a better view. Not that our seats last year were bad, in fact they were quite good, but my ticket guy assured me he believes these seats have a better view. This row only has eight seats, and you cannot tell from the pic, but there is a gap between our seats and the seats to the left. So, it's really two short rows of four seats.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

TheMayor likes this.
  5. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Always remember there is a guy and his wife out there that will take tickets if you have trouble getting rid of them!

I can't wait either. I have been counting down the days. I do hope the wife and I can see some games from "inside" the stadium this year. I am sure we will go down for many games anyway as we love the atmosphere and the exercise of going to the park to watch.

6. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Will do. :)

7. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Should be a good year again, I think we did well with acquisitions and losses in the offseason. Guys like Neal (not worth that kind of money anyway) and Perron will be missed but a lot of guys really stepped up in the playoffs and progressed considerably as players. Confidence does wonders in athletics, just as much professionally as otherwise.

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    ^ i still think they did not improve enough in defense.

Will Karlsson have another career year? He hopes so— he’s got a big increase in salary after this year if he does.

We know the fans will be with them!

9. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
  10. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
  11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    As long as the rules apply fairly to everyone, I don't mind the suspension. Its a young team. Maybe they will learn something from it. But I will miss seeing him play 1/4 of the season.

12. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    I agree. As long as the rules are equally applied, I’m fine with it.

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

I guess they don't pay him for those 20 games..... that's gotta hurt.

14. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Yep. That’s rough, but IMO, suspensions should be without pay.

15. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

Just heard about that this morning. Since I am a the safety officer for our company I have zero tolerance but this is tough. We set our test levels to assure someone doesn't test positive unless they absolutely were using a substance. If the levels are as small as they say it shouldn't be considered a positive test. But if it is considered positive I would assume this would be the same across the board for all. It just needs to be fair and I am good with it. When you are in professional sports you are under a microscope, you have to be beyond careful.

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm homesick....

17. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Just a few more days till preseason, can't wait!

18. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
  19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  20. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Yep, it definitely is. Scalpers are taking tix out of the hands of too many real fans who want to actually attend the games.

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

.. and giving them to out of towners. It was the playoffs that upset the VGK management. They didn't like seeing so many jerseys from other markets, particularly Winnipeg and Washington.

I'm sure last year the team was happy to have sellout after sell out. But it hurt local fans who had to pay through the nose for tickets on Stubhub.

22. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Yeah, they were really not happy during the Finals. Also, I think they realized that they just sold a TON of season seat packages to people who never intend on going to a game. StubHub and the other 3rd party vendors were flooded with seats up for sale as soon as people were able to sell. For example, I am in a VGK group on the FaceBooks; someone posted a screenshot from StubHub showing some people selling their entire season package at for stupid prices.

23. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
  24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby