CS at Silverstone | FerrariChat

CS at Silverstone

Discussion in '360/430' started by jrtaylor9, Aug 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jrtaylor9

jrtaylor9 Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    Are there any add-on solutions to silence a CS to pass noise restrictions at Silverstone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    I assume the CS doesn't pass when the exhaust bypass valves open. A simple solution would be to wire them shut so when the vacuum lines go to atmospheric under larger throttle opening, they remain close. Pretty simple fix IMHO that doesn't require any add ons. Fortunately my local track (COTA) doesn't have noise restrictions (Love Texas) and I have the Capristo module that allows to do the opposite and keep them open all the time...CS is not super fast by today's standards but the sound is still one of the best out there!

Ghostdiver likes this.
  3. jrtaylor9

jrtaylor9 Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    Yeah, I have the capristo also. COTA used to be my home track just 2 yrs ago :(

Seems like a decent fix I’ll look into.

4. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    Forza componenti exhaust controller. Get it. Install it yourself in about 30 minutes. Read the instructions carefully and set it to be permanently closed, i.e. only sending exhaust through the muffler. That will take care of it no problem.

5. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Hmm no open exhaust valves you might as well stay at home

Oengus likes this.
  6. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Right

7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I still can't believe all this noise limit BS. I have a car designed to excel on the track and I get booted. At least the 570 passes! Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Keeping the valves closed will cost you a big chunk of HP. Some technowhiz on here had a clever setup where the valves only closed as they went passed the db check point via GPS. Way beyond my mech skills though.

9. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    They run unrestricted days.

10. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    Don't do always closed valves especially aftermarket, you will literally blow your engine sooner than later (unless it's a re-route to the muffler) at high rpm the exhaust won't be able to expell all the gases and they will just entraped.
    Go to a test day, or to someone with a challange car and ask what they run as a db killer, i know 458 challange cars have quiet exhausts, the 360 must have them too.

11. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
  12. jrtaylor9

jrtaylor9 Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    Great info ^^^

13. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Don't quote me on the numbers as my memory is hazy but they are there or thereabouts.
    I tried not going full throttle for a while (which was not much fun) to get under the db limit but they told me that on drive by, the downshifts at the end of the straights were the killer.

14. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Not sure this is correct - Silverstone tends to max at 1o2 driveby 105 static

My recollection is only Donnington does occasional unlimited - oh and maybe Blyton Park aren't too fussed

15. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Ferrari event earlier this year was unrestricted - I run a full Capristo on my 16M and have no chance of meeting the restriction of any noise limited events.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I also attend the Ferrari racing days where there is racing and the owners have a trackday in between races.
    As it is a race weekend it is completely unrestrcited.
    Great day out BTW as you get the trackday plus full hospitality with good food etc.