Have your cars made it into the paper / magazine / media ? | FerrariChat

Have your cars made it into the paper / magazine / media ?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by DIGMAN52, Aug 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    In the late 80's and 90's I had fun buying and selling musclecars from the 60's and early 70's. Formed Cullum's Classic Cars, and had a good 8 year run of buying and selling musclecars. I tried to stick to the rarest examples like the LS6's, W-30's, Stage 1's and similar cars.

I got contacted by Corvette Fever Magazine to do an article on the 1971 LS6 Corvette I had commissioned a frame off restoration of. I had always told myself to only buy a car that someone else had sunk their money into and wanted out. This car had sat outside for 10 years, and the local animal Vet original owner was still alive, with all the paperwork intact. He had thrown a rod, towing his jet boat to Lake Dallas (not Taos like the article said), and local funny car driver, Mike Burkhardt's company had replaced the block. After a 6 month build, it was ready for a photo shoot, and they flew Jerry Heasley in to do the article you see. I was able to get Larry Shinoda's autograph at the Autorama I displayed it at the next fall, as he was the original designer of the car.

Thefirst LS6 Chevelle pic are from MuscleCar Review magazine, where I competed in the class racing. Got beat when I redlighted against a Cobra Jet Mustang that had not made a run yet.

The Vette made it into the MuscleCards Collection as well. Don't know how it sold, but got my set for free.

The next pics/pages are from Super Chevy Magazine, and showed the Super Chevy Sunday event I showed 4 cars at, and raced the LS6 Vette. They were the 1970 LS6 Chevelle, 1971 454 Vette Convertible, and a 1965 396 Vette. They were supposed to do a future article about the 4 cars, and did plenty of shots with all the cars in them, but it never got done.

There are bound to be a bunch of you that have had your cars in the media. Let's see them !

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Sorry, wrong format.

Attached Files:

rob and anunakki like this.
  3. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Cool ink (and well-worthy cars!)!

DIGMAN52 likes this.
  4. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    My Jag E-Type was in Motor Trend Classic (courtesy of F-Chat) and my Ferrari 308 was
    In Vogue magazine (courtesy of the previous owner) - I will post both later in the thread.

DIGMAN52 likes this.
  5. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    71Satisfaction, anunakki, jm2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    My 1993 SVT Cobra was the cover car for the 1994 Mustangs Unlimted parts catalog.

Myself and my 2000 Cobra R were featured in a 2002 issue of SVT Enthusiast magazine.

My 2000 R was mentioned in a picture taken at New England dragway by Muscle Mustangs and Fast Ford’s.

DIGMAN52 likes this.
  7. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

DIGMAN52 likes this.
  8. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    DIGMAN52, anunakki and rdefabri like this.
  9. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  10. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Great stuff, keep it coming !

11. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Being in the movie biz I used to rent out my cars to productions.

Here is a pic of Todd Bridges 'Willis' from Different Strokes, who was driving my Viper in a music video many years ago.

Image Unavailable, Please Login