Mr. Glickenhaus | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Mr. Glickenhaus

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dilusha, Aug 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    I'm curious about his Cigarette TG w/ the Arnesons ...

Sounds like he doesn't really give a **** and does what he wants - I think that's awesome.

MDS

2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

God? LOL... not sure about that. If the bible had a section of bull crap in it perhaps.

But yes... he now makes his own instead of modifying what others have on offer. Which is GREAT

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    when i bought my bbi, i noticed it was homologated by amerispec, so i called Dick Fritz to ask him about it. he laughed and said that the original owner was Aronow.
    then he sent me all the original paperwork, which is nice to have.

LARRYH likes this.
  4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Damn, forgot all about Amerispec. Are they still around? Somehow I doubt it.

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i dont think they exist anymore, but dick fritz is thankfully alive and well, and if you talk to him, and pay a fee ;) he will give you all sorts of info.

LARRYH, donv and Texas Forever like this.
  6. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Once upon a time, I tried to talk Gerald Rouse into opening a bottle of scotch and turning on the tape recorder. Never happened, mostly my fault. Someone should do this with Dick Fritz and a few others while there is still time.

7. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Modulo.

We've seen it can drive and turn on the open lawn and around a couple of side roads but can it negotiate tight turns and corners encountered out on the road in everyday driving situations?

Out on the road when driven any distance what will boil over and overheat first, the engine or the driver/passenger?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    And the point is?

Jakuzzi, tomgt, merstheman and 2 others like this.
  9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    He has some really good engineers at his shop. His stuff is hand built, well tested and top notch. Also like the hood on the 4/5c better than the Pista serving the same purpose. The rest is water under the bridge and he won't be back IMO.

Boomhauer likes this.
  10. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    He can't control the "narrative" on FerrariChat like he can on FaceBook.

11. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I don't understand your post. What has the P4/5c hood got to do with a Pista? Glickenhaus did not build the hood on P4/5c. It was all done by LM Gianetti IIRC. Glickenhaus has not not built any cars at all yet. The (2 or 3?) SCG 003 cars were built by MAT, Manifatura Automibili Torino headed by Paolo Garella formerly of Pininfarina.

tomgt likes this.
  12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Good questions. The 4/5c hood does exactly the same function as the Pista hood except it takes the cowl up high so you don't have that large visible dive plane that many were not so keen on when the Pista came out. I think the 4/5c hood is a much classier solution to the same function - very PF to my eyes. I thought of it when the very first Pista picture was leaked. As far as build quality, I am referring to the design team he is funding. His various videos show his passion for racing and the design of the team's first few SCG cars and they are awesome. I don't expect him to be vacuum curing and grinding carbon fiber with his own hands. Its his projects so I give him the credit as well. I don't care for the production side with I believe a V6 but the others -especially the two V12s were amazing to me and to others on this board. Hope that helps.

13. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #88 miurasv, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    That is because P4/5 is a Pininfarina design.

Which 2 V12s would they be then?

14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Misspoke. One V12 - the PF designed P4/5. Thought there was a P5 as well but perhaps maybe from some other media. I did not find the story here terribly engaging (way too long and picky) and certainly wouldn't spend years debating a car I do not own! Don't you like the 4/5c hood better than the ski lift Pista hood? To me it reveals a distinction in the design approaches of PF versus in-house for the same function. Interesting.

15. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I'll just say that Modulo to my eyes seems to have irrational design solutions with respect to engine/water cooling, cockpit heat dissipation and steering/turning circle. Yes, I know Glickenhaus has said the engine cooling is great and that the steering issues are myth, BUT, how far and at what speed/engine load has it been driven to ascertain that? It was only recently driven for the first time ever, and that was just around the block. Looks like there is a cooling issue as they've added fans to the radiators, but up to what speed can the car be driven before the (sail) panels get ripped off the bodywork when they're in their extremely unaerodynamic open position?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

And your point is?????????????????????????

It's a show car! You think its going to be in traffic on the 405 Freeway in LA?

17. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Hey BT - I love you and I ain't no troll!

BT likes this.
  18. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I can’t imagine why Jim doesn’t come around anymore.

WilyB, BJK, BMW.SauberF1Team and 2 others like this.
  19. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Fascinating thread.
    Never heard of Glickenhaus, but it’s content like this that draw me to this site.

20. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Don't even respond to trolls, the less you post the better!

21. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #96 miurasv, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Of course as the owner of Modulo it is for Glickenhaus to do with as he pleases, but it is not an authentic Ferrari as a functional car when converted by him as such from the concept/show car it was. The only people who were able to do it correctly and make it authentic are Pininfarina or Ferrari themselves. It now has a degree of authenticity removed from it. Why didn't he just commission Ferrari or PF to do the conversion? He may have done so and they refused, but if that was the case it should have been left as it was to keep it authentic, and it now is not.

22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Restomod Ferraris are the next big thing! ;)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  23. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Because he can't control the narrative and he got shut down on 0846. Why not go somewhere else where everyone fawns all over you? Its just easier. He made quite a "fool" of himself on the 0846 debate. Im not calling him a FOOL. Im saying he ended up looking like one with that.

I am sure he doesn't feel appreciated so he left. No biggie.

24. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason

I completely agree with your point on 0846. Why the need to question the turning circle on Modulo? He took something that was little more than a decoration and turned it into a running vehicle. Who cares if it can run at freeway speeds with out overheating or can do U turns in a reasonable space? Why does he need to be second guessed at every turn for everything he does? See my comment earlier in this thread about it bleeding into other threads from the 0846 disaster. He couldn’t post “Have a nice day” without someone jumping his ass.

25. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

He took an exotic period fantasy machine(from a period when car fantasy existed unlike today) and made it a running reality, while keeping everythign true to the designers intent, without ruining any period pieces. He did the same with his dino.

Compare that to the lame over restored chromed out over restorations on concors fields, presented by people who really have no love or feel for the machine save its value and potential prize,