Massive accelerator lack - 360 melt down | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Massive accelerator lack - 360 melt down

Discussion in '360/430' started by spiderscott, Apr 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa

Good luck hope its something simple, generally it is one of the cat sensors or a coilpack .... rarely its as bad as mine was.

Please let us know the outcome though as its VERY useful for future ref & really helps owners out when they stumble across these car issues.

2. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa

Excellent David glad you solved yours to, really nice when you get to the bottom of these nasty issues.

Hey that CS TCU is great, ive had mine installed a couple of months now, I love the way it just snaps into gear so quickly ....especially in RACE/SPORT mode.

3. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    Yeah, that TCU is awesome!

Guess where my leak was located?
    It has a small leak at the top of the manifold where the the carbon fiber plate is located!!
    It only shows up when the car is very hot, so after several smoke tests my mechanic found it with that fabulous machine!!

4. BigBo$$

BigBo$$ Rookie

Aug 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gotti
    I have just filled up my 360 Spider with about 1-2 litres extra oil and it is having near exactly same symptoms of what you have described in this post, where do i start and finish :'( i am crying just reading everything you had to do to get this resolved. I noticed you changed many parts as part of your "upgrade to the Stradale, but in terms of getting it fixed what exactly fixed it ? would you say it was a vacuum leak? or the 02 sensor? or the coilpacks? or the MAF's? did you know exactly what would be the best way to fix it , without having to do a complete strip of the motor ! :(

5. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa

Ok hands up I totally forget I had done this to my 360. Just reread my thread.
    From memory I did have a few issues prior to overfilling the oil.

My suggestion would be. If your 360 was running before totally fine. Then start opening up the air boxes, MAFs and Work your way back cleaning up any oil you fine. You might need to open up the red plenium chamber but it’s not such a bad job, just fiddly. If that’s the case it might just cost you a few dollars on a couple of gaskets.

Update this thread on your findings and of oiss take pictures as it always helps others in the future

BigBo$$ likes this.
  6. BigBo$$

BigBo$$ Rookie

Aug 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gotti

waiting for weather to clear up and going to do some tests on the MAFs will keep this thread updated

7. BigBo$$

BigBo$$ Rookie

Aug 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gotti
    did a few tests today here is a scan result did you have similar or same errors? also you said your issues were from 02 sensors and thermocouple , did these come up when scanned? they arent present on my scan results. Also would the oil have reached as far to the plugs and could it at all impact on the coils? would it get anywhere near injextors too? much appreciated
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login